PDA

View Full Version : Sheetcam problems for newbie

Kentuckyfarmer
03-29-2011, 08:48 PM
Just got my table finished, and started to test it out. Sheetcam has been a pain for me, if I draw a simple square or circle in delta cad and save it as a dxf file on desktop, when I try to open it in sheetcam most of the time nothing shows on the screen. Have licenes for both sheetcam and mach3 loded. The #1 erra message I get is layer unavailable or it shows no layers in the setup box Any info would be a big help, I have come up with several names for sheetcam none of them nice. Thanks in advance
Mike
PS it has worked a few times, but I have no idea what I did different

Bubba
03-30-2011, 09:08 AM
Mike,
1. Make sure you have only lines and arcs! No blocks or groups or whatever they may be called in your cad. In other words, your square should be composed of 4 separate lines and not 1 "rectangle"
2. Saveas R12 to R14 dxf as not all dxfs are created equal.

bozidar22
03-30-2011, 09:07 PM
i also use delta cad and sheet cam. i have had good luck with both. most problems came from me not making correct drawings. open lines, not using layers. did you save it as a DXF. or a DC. file. i always save my drawing as a dxf. and save entities type. not as polyline type. are material and machine settings correct in sheet cam. maybe the drawing in delta cad is not close to x0,y0 ? Then it is imported into sheet cam using x0,y0
as the orgin and the square may be too small to see or is outside the machine settings. I have done this a few times .