PDA

View Full Version : Need quote for small parts for audio amplifier

Bellatone
03-29-2011, 04:03 AM
Hello,

My name is Phil and I have recently started a Hi-Fi audio company.

I am attaching PDF files and DXF AutoCAD files of two small parts I need made, and would like a quote please. I will be revising the power button file by -0.002" wide, but these files will work fine for a quote.
I am working on a small budget, so obviously the best price will get the job.

I need three quotes please:

Quote 1) Two Knobs, 1 Power Button
Quote 2) Two Knobs, 2 Power Buttons
Quote 3) Four Knobs, 2 Power Buttons

These parts are very simple to make and they use 6061-T6 aluminum, however I might go with a lighter alloy.
What is very important is the face finish. Most companies who have done this leave really noticeable tooling marks on the face finish. I need a face finish that is extremely clean and leaves virtually no visible toolmarks. Also, they will need to be anodized with an extremely transparent, clear, thin finish that feels smooth but not slippery to the touch. (If you do not do anodizing, please mention that in your quote.)

One shop I worked with did a horrible job and the clear anodizing came out murky and felt very grimy and gritty to the touch. In addition, they did a very poor job of degreasing the part and the little indicator notch was filled with grease underneath the anodizing. But out of several shops I've worked with, no one was able to do a nice face finish. Oddly enough, most of the parts made in China are done very poorly but I have seen some very nice knobs come from there that have a perfect face finish with no noticeable tool marks.

These parts are to replace the existing ones on my prototype amplifier. Once I start selling these, there are a lot more parts that will need to be done for each amplifier, and a lot larger in size.

Keep in mind, these will be visible parts on a high-end audio headphone amplifier. They need to look perfect. Anything less will be unacceptable. Do a great job and we can work together in the future with much larger items and much greater quantities.

You will be shipping these to Chatsworth, CA, USA.
Turnaround time is as soon as possible, but no rush charges.

If you can e-mail me back a quote, that would be great.
pjnuckingfuts@yahoo.com

Thank you for your time.

Regards,
Phil

Dualkit
03-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Sorry Phil you can't have cheap and high quality work on small lots, it won't happen. You can get cheap and quality on volume and someone could have the perfect equipment for the job. Also by posting you want a low price the guys that do quality work will stay away, and they might not be as expensive as you think.

Bellatone
03-29-2011, 04:16 PM
Sorry Phil you can't have cheap and high quality work on small lots, it won't happen. You can get cheap and quality on volume and someone could have the perfect equipment for the job. Also by posting you want a low price the guys that do quality work will stay away, and they might not be as expensive as you think.

I don't remember ever saying anything about cheap. I said low budget, and do realize that good quality work won't be cheap.

azmachining
04-04-2011, 04:11 PM
I don't remember ever saying anything about cheap. I said low budget, and do realize that good quality work won't be cheap.

Dualkit does nothing but complain about everything, especially when he doesn't get the job he wines and wines, I'd steer clear of him. Anyway, if there's grease and your parts aren't completely cleaned your going to get a very bad anodized finish. We don't do anodizing, but we will send over a quote for the machining. Look forward to hearing from you.

Dualkit
04-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Dualkit does nothing but complain about everything, especially when he doesn't get the job he wines and wines, I'd steer clear of him. Anyway, if there's grease and your parts aren't completely cleaned your going to get a very bad anodized finish. We don't do anodizing, but we will send over a quote for the machining. Look forward to hearing from you.

If you are going to make personal attacks maybe you should learn how to spell. Wine is something you drink. My posts are geared toward educating,
not complaining. I don't even bid on 90% of the jobs posted here, I pick and chose. If it is something 99% of the people can do there is no reason to bid as the price will be too low.

I was just educating the poster not to use words that implied he was looking for the cheapest price, and to 99.9% of the population "low budget" means cheap. Such words are going to turn off most people that do quality work. This place has quite a few hacks seeking work, that have no business being self employed. That is not a complaint, that is stating fact. I have received samples of other people's work here that were complete garbage, and was asked "how much?" for good parts.

azmachining
04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Nothing personal, but I think your totally full of it considering I've seen many posts from you whining about not getting jobs and insulting the customers that are putting them out there. That's not professional or educational, but hypocritical from what I've seen in 99.9% of your posts.

Not to mention I recall a post that said you some how survive off bidding on this website and almost all your work comes from this website. Your a two faced joke that should keep your arrogant comments to yourself. Your only intention is to smear everyone else in attempt to get business, quite cut throat and dis-honest. Definately some one I would not send a job to.

FYI - Most everyone on here looking to have parts made is on a low budget,
or at least claim to be.

We do work for big companies that have plants across the entire country that tell us that the budget is low. I'm talking multi million dollar budgets and they don't want to spend the extra $1000.00 on making the part in stainless steel.
It's just a typical game that they all play to save a buck. Being such a teacher/low level business man I'd think you'd know these things, but it sounds like to me your being schooled. Really don't know why you spend any time on this site when all you do is complain and put people down, get life and get lost.

If you are going to make personal attacks maybe you should learn how to spell. Wine is something you drink. My posts are geared toward educating,
not complaining. I don't even bid on 90% of the jobs posted here, I pick and chose. If it is something 99% of the people can do there is no reason to bid as the price will be too low.

I was just educating the poster not to use words that implied he was looking for the cheapest price, and to 99.9% of the population "low budget" means cheap. Such words are going to turn off most people that do quality work. This place has quite a few hacks seeking work, that have no business being self employed. That is not a complaint, that is stating fact. I have received samples of other people's work here that were complete garbage, and was asked "how much?" for good parts.