PDA

View Full Version : change start of plain milling

KSPATZ
03-22-2011, 07:02 AM
Hi all,

here I am again for "small" problem.
How I could change the start position of plain milling.
Always the start point for 2D-plain milling is inside the material, but I would like to have the outer pouts as first to mill??
Could me help anyone??

Kind regards
Kersten

Dan B
03-23-2011, 07:14 AM
Hi Kersten,

When you refer to "plain milling" are you talking about the "facing" command?

I'm going to assume you are, so I did some testing. I will admit that I seldom use this command, so some of this was new to me too.

I went through the options and tried a few things, but I can't get the cutter to start anywhere but where it wants to. It does ramp in at 10° which is better then plunging, but I think the user would be better served with control of the ramp angle and the start point. I'll contact Joakim and see if he can add this.

Thanks,

Dan

KSPATZ
03-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi Dan,

thank you for reply, help and notice to Joakim.

Do you know a better way to solve this request - to mill only the surface of part?? Your proposal is welcome!

Kind regards
Kersten

Dan B
03-23-2011, 06:18 PM
The facing operation should cut that face, although not starting at the corner, yet. Joakim is going to try to fit in some new options for facing before 4.3 is released.

I may be missing the point when you say "milling only the surface of the part". Is the facing not doing this for you?

Dan

KSPATZ
03-24-2011, 04:24 AM
Hi Dan,

thank you for reply again!
Could you tell me which button you mean??

I enclosed picture for button we use (sorry in German language).

Kind regards
Kersten

Dan B
03-24-2011, 05:41 AM
Yes, that's the one. Even though it's not starting from the outside like you prefer, it's still cutting the face, isn't it?

Dan

KSPATZ
03-24-2011, 05:53 AM
Hi Dan,

yes you are right!

Thank you
Kersten

Dan B
03-24-2011, 05:58 AM
Okay, good. You'll just have to endure that start position for now. In madCAM 4.3 you should have more options to control the cutter. I don't think you will have to wait very long for that.

Dan

KSPATZ
03-24-2011, 06:14 AM
:)

Thank you!
Kersten