PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Solidworks, to solidcam, to mach 3.

diyengineer
03-22-2011, 03:47 AM
Is it that easy? Will it dump out the correct Gcode for mach3?

mcphill
03-22-2011, 04:19 AM
Yes.

diyengineer
03-22-2011, 04:55 AM
:D

That makes me pleased! Do you by chance use it? How do you like it?

mcphill
03-22-2011, 05:48 AM
I use SolidWorks and Mach3. For CAM I am using BobCAD, and am now looking at SprutCAM. I have not worked with SolidCAM, but it is "just" a CAM program, and they all do the same fundamental things - they allow you to use geometry from a CAD program to generate GCode for a machine controller...

If you want some educated input on the ease of use of SolidCAM, I can offer nothing in response...

69owb
03-24-2011, 07:14 PM
I thing you will be very pleased with Solidcam I used Bobcad for many years when I finally had enough of it. I switched to InventorCam (aka. Solidcam) over Christmas and I'm never looked back. I'm pretty sure they have a post for Mach 3 that will work the way you what to see it, if not they will tweak it so it will.

diyengineer
03-25-2011, 01:42 AM
I thing you will be very pleased with Solidcam I used Bobcad for many years when I finally had enough of it. I switched to InventorCam (aka. Solidcam) over Christmas and I'm never looked back. I'm pretty sure they have a post for Mach 3 that will work the way you what to see it, if not they will tweak it so it will.

I have access to solidcam 2007, and it seems to only run with solidworks 2007 so far. Is there anyway i can program my parts in solidworks 2010 and then run solidcam standalone?

I try and open a solidworks part file while solidcam is running stand alone, and it will not open a simple part file. Any way of converting it?

If i must ill use solidworks 2010 to design, then convert it to a solidworks 2007, model. Then run solidcam 2007 inside solidworks 2007. UGH! haha

On another note, i did play around with it for 5 minutes and figured out how to run simulation with a simple endmill cutting a pocket!! Sooo awesome!! It seems like its going to be a joy to work with!