PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! brigde port romi lathe post

normal
03-04-2011, 03:55 PM
The surfcam guys are having a hard time tracking down the bridgeport romi lathe post, so does anyone have it? its similar to an ez track post.

junky
03-04-2011, 05:16 PM
You would be better off burning that junk to the ground and buying a mori(flame2)

junky
03-04-2011, 05:27 PM
I had a Romi lathe, it was the biggest pile of &#@% I sold it as scrap and bought a Mori and increased my production by 60 %

Good Luck with your boat anchor!

Gncc50
03-05-2011, 10:35 AM
Which type of Bridgeport lathe do you have? The Ezpath or the PowerPath? Both machines will post out in two formats, the .pgm which is the conversational format and .txt which is standard G code. If you can't get them to write a conversational post, perhaps you can use the .txt format.

The problem with the .txt format on the Ezpath is that you can't easily edit it at the control. There is a way you can get into the dos editor and edit the program file but it requires attaching a full size keyboard and is kind of a pain.

The PowerPath has a full size keyboard and gives you a choice between conversational and standard G code. The G code is the same as a Fanuc OT control and is easily edited at the machine.

Sorry I can't help you with a post. I don't use Surfcam. I just thought this information might be useful. If they can furnish you a fully functional post that utilizes all of the canned cycles in the conversational format please let me know.

I have two Bridgeport lathes and I like them.

normal
03-10-2011, 11:50 AM
I have the power path version and on the fanuc side of the software you cant use any can cycles for threading roughing and so on. I think it has just the basic fanuc control for this reason. If I get it I'll pass it on thx.