PDA

View Full Version : Problem SolidCam Documentation

jayemmtee
02-16-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi Guys
I was wondering if anyone could help in supplying a DPP file for Heidenhan controller or indeed for any controller for reference

I am the new SOLIDCAM operator in my work, been so since it was purchased just before Christmas I am fairly comfortable with the program development side of things and enjoying the daily challenges, But some hotshot from production wants to start using the documentation and have it tailored to our requirements (he was told this was possible at an exhibition). I don't know the 1st place to start other than the error message asking for a DPP file.

The GPP Tool reference documentation supplied in the help menu is completely over my head.

Any help or pointers would be very gratefully received

Regards
jmt

KevinWilkins
02-17-2011, 02:18 AM
Why don't you contact the software vendor? Your company must have a service contract?

jayemmtee
02-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks Kevin I had already tried this and of course everything is possible for a fee. I ran this additional cost by the boss and his reply was I bet get familiar with the available help menus. looks like some homework is in order. but I appreciate your advice anyway

Regards
JMT

KevinWilkins
02-22-2011, 02:03 AM
You're welcome. I'm not 100% sure I understand what you are looking for. If you need a custom post processor file (.MAC .GPP) then you'll either have to buy one or make it yourself. There is no documentation on doing it yourself other than the .PDF doc Gpptool which you can download from Solidcam.

Some people think it's easy; I guess it is if you're a programmer.

If your company bought the software in Dec. there must be some support from the reseller, if not try contacting SolidCam directly.

If your company does indeed need special work done on a PP, then that does cost money.