PDA

View Full Version : Software advice

kiramunch@sympa
02-10-2011, 09:20 PM
With so many different cad/cam software types available, it is staggering for a novice to decide the right one to purchase. We have a cnc machine that we may use for both routing and plasma cutting. We will use mach3. Can some of you seasoned vets suggest a software to get us started that we can use to design our projects, is simple enough for a novice to understand, is reasonably priced for a small shop. I guess what we are asking for is like a complete software package that we can design with and produce the final product with simplicity in mind. Your help is much needed. Thank you

Boogiemanz1
02-11-2011, 12:14 AM
Inkscape and emachineshop are freeware to draw and sheetcam to convert...........jb

kiramunch@sympa
02-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanx for your input Boogie

Palisadetool
02-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Having used ShopCam I find it is easy, clean, and simple. I haven't used it to do a lot of complex shapes but for the price it is a bargain. Support is excellent. However you will have to talk to them about using it for Plasma cutting and routing. I am sure they will accommodate to your needs. ShopCAM (http://www.shopcam.com)

Mike 1948
02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
I use Mach for Controller,
Vectric products(Vcarve Pro or Aspire) for working 2d and 3D routing and vector generation for plasma.
Sheetcam for Plasma Gcode from vectors created in Vectric products

vdubjim
03-02-2011, 02:51 PM
i too have been wondering the same thing.
I use corel draw alot for my plotter, i was reading about exporting from corel and using a plugin or something with mach is this correct?