PDA

View Full Version : Anybody is waiting for the 1610LP model

jeffrey001
02-05-2011, 10:10 PM
I just contacted Phil at Mikini Mech the other day about their new model or upgrade of the 1610L.

Should be ready during the first quarter of 2011.

I was waiting for the new Syil V7 but since it will not be available in Canada, will wait to see the 1610LP.

BT30 + umbrella style tool changer and lot of others options.

220v single phase + servo motors.

This machine is every thing I want especially enclosure and tool changer, servo and pretty powerful spindle motor. Look forward to see it in action.

Was looking at the MK3 but price is too high for a hobby CNC machine.

Jeff

dirtridn2010
03-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Mikini 1610LP. Well that's just great. Here I am on the verge of placing an order for the 1610L with servos, and most of the other accessories (wishing it had a 30 spindle nose). When up pops the LP. Well what to do! I wonder if Phil has any graphics of the machine. First quarter of 2011.....I would like to see that. Their new website is late late and later (although their philosophy doesn't focus on the internet). Oh what to do! Peter

jeffrey001
03-13-2011, 11:16 PM
I have asked for pictures or any spec sheets but they will not release anything until the machine is ready.

What Phil told me is :

5HP spindle, BT30

Umbrella type ATC

Servo motor 400ipm.

Approx same dimension except for the left side for the ATC.

Jeff

SWATH
03-14-2011, 12:26 AM
I don't know if I would hold my breath for the LP, I think they have been saying it will be available soon since like 2009. When it comes to fruition I'm sure it will be spectacular though. I would have gone with it now if it was available but I can't afford to wait.

shvanbc
04-13-2011, 02:43 AM
According to Phil the LP is in production and they're looking at a spring/summer release date.

As well, the retrofit kit will be available for $10k that will turn the L into an LP in all respects except with a smaller spindle bore. Being almost a complete novice I'm not sure what the relevance of that difference is.

Steve

SWATH
04-13-2011, 11:42 AM
According to Phil the LP is in production and they're looking at a spring/summer release date.

As well, the retrofit kit will be available for $10k that will turn the L into an LP in all respects except with a smaller spindle bore. Being almost a complete novice I'm not sure what the relevance of that difference is.

Steve

I believe it is just for longevity, If I recall the current L model has an 80mm spindle bore and the LP will have a 90mm for a spindle life increase (since the LP is assumed to be a full production machine). It is also a BT30 taper, which I tried to get on the L but it wasn't an option.

jeffrey001
04-13-2011, 11:57 AM
I think the LP will have a 5HP spindle motor .

Jeff

shvanbc
04-13-2011, 04:35 PM
The retrofit kit makes the decision to wait (or not) for the LP a little less difficult. It's too bad the current lead time for an L is 7 weeks :(

Steve

GF12
08-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Still no official release date of the LP? Phil said it would take until September for the first machines to be ready. He said that they would first sell to existing customers. Does anybody have an LP yet? I've been trying to place an order, but Phil hasn't been reacting to emails for a month...

I don't know if I would hold my breath for the LP, I think they have been saying it will be available soon since like 2009. When it comes to fruition I'm sure it will be spectacular though. I would have gone with it now if it was available but I can't afford to wait.

jeffrey001
08-06-2011, 03:08 AM
For me, I just gave up waiting for the V7 and the 1610LP model.

Just bought a New Haas TM-1P.

Jeff

dirtridn2010
08-07-2011, 12:33 AM
For me, I just gave up waiting for the V7 and the 1610LP model.

Just bought a New Haas TM-1P.

Jeff

hI guys, Just out of interest, some have said that Phil has mentioned various times this year before that they (1610LP) are available from a particular time. Interesting comments. I ordered my machine (1610L) in the last week of march 2011 and still do not have a release date yet. I'm getting worried because I have work to do and at this stage, that work is going to somebody else. Not too happy. I have spoken to Phil a couple of times now and he tells me that they are in the final stages of QC, still.... At the end of the day if it runs perfectly once it arrives, and stays that way then I will be happy. But I will be very very cut it I have problems. :confused: Good luck guys