PDA

View Full Version : Problem Z axis Voltage Fault

flatcreek
01-31-2011, 11:48 PM
I have a DYNA DL400 Plasma/Spindle. Just put a new computer on the system saturday. Had trouble with the torch dragging. Thought I had that fixed by adjusting the Gain & Limit screws on the Gecko. But now getting a z axis voltage fault. Checked all the fuses they are fine.
Any ideas???
Thanks!!!

lowpull
02-01-2011, 03:23 AM
1.visually check wiring and connections on table. unplug and plug connections
2 swap the z and x or y geckos and see if it is a gecko issue.
3 Swap the x and z plugs on the table you might need to swap the same mach3 settings when doing this. then just make the z axis run up and down using the x axis controls
4/last thing would be to disconnect the z stepper and run the z axis up and down by hand to make sure you are not binding anywhere.

they dont need to be in this order. you can also change the accel rates and max speed of the z in mach3 and see if this helps issue.

lowpull
02-01-2011, 03:30 AM
If this was all working before the computer change, then I suspect mach 3 settings or possibly buggy computer ports etc

WoodinYou
03-01-2011, 12:39 AM
I have a similar issue but not with the PC or Mach 3 settings, I checked all of the settings. The machine has been in use for two years without any issues, Dynacnc router. With normal operation and a normal size file, the x motor stopped working for no apparent reason. When I jog the x motor, the servo drive fault LED comes on but no movement. I have gone thru the trouble shooting steps and have found that there is no AC current going up to the motor. Some of the trouble shooting consisted of swapping the drives, relays as well as the motors including the brushes. All wires, cables and connections appear to be in order.

Any help is much appreciated