PDA

View Full Version : New Machine Build CNC inline Oxy/plasma Cutter

Oakley1975
01-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Hello all. I am in the planning stages for a retrofit of a inline track cutter. We use this at my place of employment for chamfering the cutting edge for Heavy Equipment buckets (loaders, excavators ect.)

We use a motorized inline track to move the oxy fuel torch. The edges are clamped into a hydraulic clamping table.( more info and pictures to come later)

I want to use cnc to control this machine, x y and z. My first question, I was planning to use Mach3 software with a mpg2 pendant. I want it to travel X down the edge, with the ability to override Y with the pendant and make adjustments ( to compensate for warped material) while travelling. I would think this is possible?

I have made a general proposal for the cnc retrofit of this machine to my employer and now just looking to iron out the finer details.

Boogiemanz1
01-31-2011, 11:58 PM
You may want to use a torch height control if you are going cnc. Tom at CandCNC.com , or some of the vendors on this forum could probably have a solution for you..........jb

Oakley1975
02-01-2011, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the reply, I do plan to have THC on Z axis for cutting plasma. it's the Y axis, (left and right) while travelling X down the table I need to be able to adjust on the fly. My oxy fuel torch will be set at at 23 degree angle, and cutting on the 1-3/4 thick side of a 10" x 118" part. Its standin on its side. Torch travels about 12 ipm. Its Hardox 400 450...

Could I press the enable button on the pendant and set to Y, and make adjustments (minor) with the handwheel on the pendant? While travelling X?