PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use SolidCam Express?

KevinWilkins
01-26-2011, 02:37 AM
I have SolidCam 2008 R12 which I purcased with Solidworks 2009 and never really got around to doing much with SolidCam. Now that I'm comfortable with Solidworks I want to tackle SolidCam and am thinking of updating the SolidCam. I understand later versions of SolidCam will work with SW 2009.

Has anyone used SolidCam Express? I'm not too sure what the difference is between the Express version and the more basic SolidCam versions.

I need 2.5D milling ops on a 3 axis Haas, as I only need to be able to ramp and helix down into parts in terms of Z movement.

Thanks for any advice! :cheers:

Brakeman Bob
01-26-2011, 02:52 AM
I don't think anyone has seen it yet outside of 'official' events. My understanding is it will do basic 2½D profiles and drilling based on a single MAC position; for ramping and spiral milling you will have ask your reseller. We were interested in it for simple turning but that is not included in the package.

It would be interesting to know if SolidCAM are offering SC Express in a bundle with SolidWorks.

KevinWilkins
01-26-2011, 03:14 AM
Thanks! I wasn't sure if I was the only one who hadn't seen it yet! :) I thought maybe it was already out in other markets.

69owb
01-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi
I was looking at the express at first too. I was surprised on how many features that version actual had for the price. I would highly recommend it for anybody that does a lot of pocketing or profiling, it also can do some limited 3D contouring as well.