PDA

View Full Version : 4axis driver board for a foam cutting cnc

planekrazie
01-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Hey everyone,
I am looking to build another cnc foam cutter for cutting wings for my planes and so on. Looks like Hobbycnc is not selling their foampro board anymore. Now I have no where to turn. I want the heat control for the wire to be controlled by the board. Any info would be great.
thanks Steve

Senna
01-20-2011, 11:50 AM
I have a HobbyCNC Foam PRO 4-axis Unipolar Stepper Motor Driver Kit with Heat Control Rev 1 that has been soldered and passed the 5 V test at the pads. Never been hooked up for the driver test...

I went another direction and have no plans to build a machine. I'm willing to part with it if interested.

Steve

planekrazie
01-20-2011, 12:12 PM
Very interested. Just sent you a pm.
Steve

I have a HobbyCNC Foam PRO 4-axis Unipolar Stepper Motor Driver Kit with Heat Control Rev 1 that has been soldered and passed the 5 V test at the pads. Never been hooked up for the driver test...

I went another direction and have no plans to build a machine. I'm willing to part with it if interested.

Steve

iflyrctoo
01-24-2011, 04:16 PM
If Steve doesn't take it, I would be interested too. If anyone else has something similar, I am looking for a controller with heat control.

Joe Dunnaway

planekrazie
01-25-2011, 01:51 AM
Sorry, I purchased it and It arrived this morning. I got an email from someone over at the hobbycncs yahoo groups that they had one for sale. I will check into it for you.
Senna, Very nicely done!! The soldering looks like a pro. I am very glad you wanted to part with it.
Thanks Again.
Steve

If Steve doesn't take it, I would be interested too. If anyone else has something similar, I am looking for a controller with heat control.

Joe Dunnaway

iflyrctoo
01-26-2011, 01:49 AM
Thanks Steve,
Any help would be appreciated.

Joe Dunnaway

jlmold
03-08-2011, 09:35 AM
I am also in the process now of building a machine. Why does HobbyCNC not doing the heat controller any more?

stewi
07-29-2011, 12:51 PM
This is an older post, but you may be still interested.
I was looking into the same controller board for my CNC machines, but found a different control board instead. This board has 4 axis control and a relay output, which can be used to turn the wire on and off with M function (flood On/Off). I control the heat with a dimmer regulator and a 120-12VAC transformer.

www.steering-inc.com