PDA

View Full Version : Soildcam help

glovebox20
01-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Hello

I've been playing around with solid cam for a while (integrated with Inventor) and was wondering if there was a easy was to a chamfer the edge of part with a 90* Spot drill.

Also, what would be the easiest way to program more than one part at a time (for a production run).

Thanks in advance.

glovebox20

tony kendal
01-16-2011, 09:27 AM
I use a 90* counter sinking mill bit. Select the profile on the graphic as point to point/profile and set the depth / steps to get the depth you want for the chamfer.

Solid Cam can repeat the operation with an offset. Alternatively, edit the G code and COPY the code.. On the repeated code add in the offsets in ( presumabely ) x & y axis at the start of the repeat sequence..

dengo
01-17-2011, 03:53 PM
I use a 90* counter sinking mill bit. Select the profile on the graphic as point to point/profile and set the depth / steps to get the depth you want for the chamfer.

Solid Cam can repeat the operation with an offset. Alternatively, edit the G code and COPY the code.. On the repeated code add in the offsets in ( presumabely ) x & y axis at the start of the repeat sequence..

Hi,
There is an much easier way than that.
Set up a new Profile Op.
For your Geometry select the edges you want to chamfer.
Select a Tool capable of producing a chamfer (I use a 6mm spotting drill).
For levels Upper level is the edge, Lower level is depth of chamfer.
In the Technology page you will see an area "Rest material\Chamfer", select Chamfer in the drop down box and in the Data box all you need to input is the Cutting dia and the Feed rate. The Cutting dia determines where along the cutting edge you want to engage the edge of the part. Done.

To repeat the same Parts for multiple off's you could either Zero the multi set ups as G54, G55 and so on then repeat your program but edit the coordinates that are called but I find by far the easiest is to use the Transform/Translate/Matrix option. Simply enter how many steps you want to move and at what pitch and your done. Multiple parts with the same amount of program code.

I trust Inventorcam has the same options as Solidcam.

glovebox20
01-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Thanks for the Tips :cheers:

glovebox20