PDA

View Full Version : Adding new posts to Surfcam?

bassn_07
01-13-2011, 12:49 AM
Hey guys,

Just recently I started getting more involved with Surfcam Velocity 4 (coming from Esprit 2011) and I have a few questions about adding posts. My work system works off the network and everything is great, but when I loaded the software at home (off the network) I couldn't figure out how to add my existing posts to the library. It definitely seems more involved than what I'm use to.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

machiningweasel
01-14-2011, 04:36 AM
In Velocity3, all you had to do was go into your directory where surfcam was installed and find a folder called "postlib", should be a file in there called postform.m be sure you make a copy of it and place it somewhere safe. Now open the file. There should be all your posts in. If you want to add posts to your library, you need to copy and paste them in there and save. Let me know if this helps.

Excelmachine
01-14-2011, 05:19 PM
Or go to Start/All programs/Surfcam Velocity/Surfcam tools/Post Menu Wizard. If you have your posts from work on a disc or zip drive, when you open Post Menu Wizard, just point the program to the directory where the posts are that you want to add and it will add them to the 2 proper locations. These are the postform files located in /Surfcam/Postlib folder and also will add a note in your surfcam.pst folder located in /Surfcam/Velocity/surfcam.pst file.

bassn_07
01-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Thanks guys! It seemed as though it was an issue with the laptop. I loaded Surfcam on my Desktop today and everything went smoothly. Thanks again for the support!!!