PDA

View Full Version : 5 axis milling of 3D scanned data (bust)

aidsch2010
01-05-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi,

colleagues of mine have 3D scanned a bust of a famous person and provided me with the data. I was able to import this data into Rhino.

My job is to do the 5 axis milling programming using RhinoCAM. Then I wanna use the g-code to programming an industrial robot to actually make the bust.

I already have gone through the 2 1/2, 3, and 5 axis milling tutorials coming with RhinoCAM.

Now I just don't know how to proceed as the construction plane (CPlane) would constantly change.

Do you guys have an idea how to work this job?

Thanks a lot

p38nut
01-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Hi,

colleagues of mine have 3D scanned a bust of a famous person and provided me with the data. I was able to import this data into Rhino.

My job is to do the 5 axis milling programming using RhinoCAM. Then I wanna use the g-code to programming an industrial robot to actually make the bust.

I already have gone through the 2 1/2, 3, and 5 axis milling tutorials coming with RhinoCAM.

Now I just don't know how to proceed as the construction plane (CPlane) would constantly change.

Do you guys have an idea how to work this job?

Thanks a lot

If you would post the scanned data, I'm sure that a lot of us males would be more than happy to look into it for you. LOL

aidsch2010
01-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Attached is a dxf file.

I drastically had to simplify the mesh as this forum accepts dxf files up to 500 KB, only.

It would be great if you solve this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance!

aidsch2010
02-26-2011, 05:39 AM
Hi,

did you have a chance to look at the bust?

Thanks,