PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln or Hypertherm ?

Ubatoid
12-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Just a quick question. Reading through the self build plasma table posts it seem that the most common choice for the plasma unit is the Hypertherm. I just wondered if there is a reason for this choice and has anybody had any experience with Lincoln?

The two sets I have been looking at are the Hypertherm 1250 and the Lincoln Tomahawk 1538. Quickly looking through the specs they are quite evenly matched but the Lincoln is a good deal cheaper from our usuall welding supplies man. Any feedback from either of these sets is welcome.

plain ol Bill
12-24-2010, 06:17 PM
Worked with metal all my life and have used just about every machine out there at one time or the other. When it comes to welding Lincoln and Miller are my choice and when it comes to cutting with plasma it is Hypertherm.

Boogiemanz1
12-24-2010, 10:36 PM
I will have to agree with Bill on that. If you don't want a 3 phase machine, check out the Max 85 from Hypertherm. Seems to be a lot of advantages for a table.................jb

Rhinorider
12-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Absolutely Hypertherm hands down. I have the 1000 and love it, it has cut and cut without a minutes trouble other than me doing something stupid and fouling a nozzle. When I wear it out I will probably replace it with the new 85.