PDA

View Full Version : carefull with keling

woodman08
11-21-2010, 10:39 AM
last week i ordered a breakout board and paid by credit card and there was no shipping so i figured it was so small and they covered it .
Within about 1/2 they wrote back and said they needed paypal and i wrote i paid and it was accepted.
Then they wrote back and wanted 15.00shipping on a 28.04 part ,well on and on ,now i have lost the initial order of 28.04 and they claim to have put it back ,bank here says no way and i have lost a small amount ,lost the part i needed very soon and i wonder if someone has got into there site as i have done business before with them but not like this.
I am very shocked and disappointed,so be carefull how you pay and what you pay for

woodman

automationtechinc
11-21-2010, 11:55 AM
Hi Sten

1: You are the only one we met in last years, rejecting shipping fee and want to ship the component for free.
Our website can not handle the international shipping fee. only handle the USA shipping. We are happy to work with you

2: We have refunded $28.04 to you on Nov 19.
Here is the copy from paypal
Transaction Details
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Refund (Unique Transaction ID # 9KV07855JY2975724)
See related 48H62917YK483104T
Original Transaction
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Nov 19, 2010 Payment From stan kern Refunded Details $28.04 USD
Related Transaction
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Nov 19, 2010 Refund Completed ... -$28.04 USD

Total Amount:
-$28.04 USD

Date: Nov 19, 2010
Time: 15:10:55 CST
Subject: stan kern
Note: it is better to order more to save shipping fee

woodman08
11-21-2010, 12:21 PM
I did not reject the shipping ,i went through the order procedure and right to payment by credit card and it never once added the shipping (which i was expecting) so the site accepted my card and the order went through.
Then the trouble started and when this happens you have to feel someone is hacking your site because everything was accepted and paid for ,then the emails started.Now you're showing me the transcation to the bank .I have had that sort of hacking before(with paypal and ebay) where a payment was returned but it was a scam the payment never appeared in the bank only in ciberspace via a bogus email that looks like the company logo(paypal)
That why i prefer a credit card payment as i trust my local bank and i can speak to humans there
Let me ask you would you go ahead and order again if a company said the money was returned but at your end there is no return showing up .
There is somethinfg very wrong here ,thank god it was only 28.04 USD

cyclestart
11-21-2010, 12:33 PM
You have to ask for international shipping costs when ordering from Keling. I haven't found this confusing but maybe the shopping cart should state this more clearly ? Global priority is expensive so it's logical to expect a cost.

Was it wise to paste the details of this transaction in a public forum ?
I wouldn't appreciate my paypal registered email address posted here.

automationtechinc
11-21-2010, 12:34 PM
I did not reject the shipping ,i went through the order procedure and right to payment by credit card and it never once added the shipping (which i was expecting) so the site accepted my card and the order went through.
Then the trouble started and when this happens you have to feel someone is hacking your site because everything was accepted and paid for ,then the emails started.Now you're showing me the transcation to the bank .I have had that sort of hacking before(with paypal and ebay) where a payment was returned but it was a scam the payment never appeared in the bank only in ciberspace via a bogus email that looks like the company logo(paypal)
That why i prefer a credit card payment as i trust my local bank and i can speak to humans there
Let me ask you would you go ahead and order again if a company said the money was returned but at your end there is no return showing up .
There is somethinfg very wrong here ,thank god it was only 28.04 USD

Hi Sten

1:If you paid with shipping, we should ship to you.

2:I never have any problem with other customer. We will help you If you have problem. If you can not get this $28.04, pls let me know, I will send you a money order.
3: I will check with Paypal on Monday to see where is this $28.04.
4: If it goes to your bank, it may takes a few days, if it goes to your credit card, you should have them.
5: I am sure you will get this $28.04, Do not worry.

dertsap
11-21-2010, 12:41 PM
Was it wise to paste the details of this transaction in a public forum ?
I wouldn't appreciate my paypal registered email address posted here.

LOL no kidding , thats a bit confidential and leaves someone wide open for legal troubles

it can take up to a week for a refund to show , it has nothing to do with international or any other bs , its just bank time

woodman08
11-21-2010, 01:19 PM
You're right ,i am very nervous about internet dealings especially after my experience with ebay and pay pal twice,professional bad people can make up bogus email heading to look like its coming from any company ,thats what i experienced but i was smart enough to have a second window open on paypal showing my account status and a deposit was never made but an email (official looking showed the transfer)
Then i have also had my paypal account breached and paypal just put it off, i find its very difficult to get a human to speak to ayt paypal
Keling should not have posted the transaction on line but should contact me,as they did(last friday) but what does the contact mean ,i'm still out the money and i need the part but i am not willing to pay double and take a chance.
You have to respect the privacy as there are people out there and we'll see who grabs this one ,this could be a bad start and a bad finish

woodman08
11-22-2010, 06:48 PM
well i'm getting emails for paypal emails for keling but i'm not getting a breakout board and much promises of money being return.
Could you image if this were a thousand dollars.
As consumers we trust that the people we are dealing with are honest but maybe they should also trust us ,they could have shipped my part and said to send money for shipping as now i'm going to be a month before i can even think about ordering,its going to take time to see this virtual money returned the order again and wait for shipping .
Keling actually thought that i would place a second order while mine was being virually returned

dertsap
11-22-2010, 07:04 PM
if your getting emails from paypal stating that your refund is on its way then there isn't much that keling or anyone can do to speed up the process
I've seen a lot of members buy keling products and I can't recall anyone ever refering to them as crooked
there are loads of breakout boards out there so you shouldn't have much trouble finding one but keep in mind the shipping cost will most likely be the same as what keling was going to charge you , companies want to use shipping that has tracking , this way you know where your stuff is as does the company . postage is the cheapest way to ship and if it were done next door thru Canada post then it would be around the same price , product cost has nothing to do with it

woodman08
11-22-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm going to move on---

woodman08
11-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Thge good news is that between keling and pay pal everything worked out,my payment and refund came through my bank.
I am very nervous with paypal but keling seems to have good contact with them so all is ok.
I appreciate the kind return ,it is a good thanskgiving,now if i only had the part i was intilally looking for
Thanks a lot

woodman

ger21
11-25-2010, 07:55 AM
Your thanksgiving was a month ago?? ;)

JoeBean
11-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Paypal refunds are slow, they always have been. It's not good business practice IMO, but it's Paypal's fault, not the sellers. As for shipping to Canada from the US, it is always more costly relative to US shipping. And it's still quite common for small businesses who are gracious enough to offer Canadian shipping to have to email a shipping quote after they manually check costs. In my experience this usually results in lower shipping costs than on auto calculating websites. As a Canadian who buys tens of thousands of dollars worth of products from the US each year I can say that these are common experiences and in no means indicate fraud.

What's truly sad is that reactions like this, which clearly was an overreaction after seeing the outcome, is what influences American merchants to decide to not sell to ANY Canadians, feeling it isn't worth the hassle. Ironically, by effectively eliminating competiton the costs for all kinds of products increase, and the worry about a $30 loss can effect losses of hundreds of dollars over the long term.

woodman08
11-25-2010, 09:09 AM
But all this took place during yours--anyhow its all ok
I very pleased

dertsap
11-27-2010, 03:26 PM
not sure if you found a board yet but i bought two of these boards a while back and they work great CNC Stepper Motor Driver 5 Axis Interface Board adapter - eBay (item 170523643486 end time Dec-03-10 17:24:28 PST) (http://cgi.ebay.com/CNC-Stepper-Motor-Driver-5-Axis-Interface-Board-adapter-/170523643486?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b4004e5e)

woodman08
11-27-2010, 05:08 PM
no i am still boardless so thanks will check out the link

Steoh
12-27-2010, 07:05 PM
I placed an order last night, and inputted my location as Australia in the PayPal shipping calculator, and sure enough it came up as $0 for shipping. I must admit I was hopeful that shipping was free, but I also suspected this was impossible as I knew it would cost at least $50 (turns out it was $70). Anyway, got va PayPal request for postage/shipping this morning, and paid it with no hesitation. Free shipping would be nice, but nothing is 'free' in sales, it's just padded into the purchase price, obviously John doesn't sell things that are overpriced, so quite fairly, he has to charge for shipping.

FWIW, I've always received instant refunds through PayPal, but NOT my credit card company, with refunds usually taking a few days to show up, but once upon a time it used to take up to a month!

Steph

woodman08
12-27-2010, 07:12 PM
everything turned out well ,i never lost a cent .Both companies treated me OK
I am a very nervous purchaser over the net .
But again i was treated OK in the end

Steoh
12-27-2010, 11:14 PM
I estimate I've made over a 1000 purchases over the internet, and I've never had a problem. This includes sales with other members of forums where I had to buy on faith alone. My point is, there's nothing much to be nervous about if you're dealing with a known entity like Keling (John), who relies heavily upon goodwill and good reports to make sales. I've saved 1000s of dollars through buying online, and it's a rare occasion when I do otherwise.

Glad it all worked out for you.

adwsail
01-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Last night (Saturday night) I ordered a little over $600 worth of servo motors and whatnot from Keliginc.NET. I paid through Paypal but instead of returning me to the .net site I was sent to the Keliginc.COM site and asked for a password to login. Immediately all sorts of red lights went off in my head so I emailed Kelig to see what was going on because the web site looked so different.

Within a very short time , minutes?, I received an email saying the NEMA 23 motors were not in stock so the ENTIRE amount for the order was refunded. I received a notice from paypal showing the entire amount refunded. So I scratched my head and moved on, no harm, no foul. IMHO I can find no fault whatsoever with Kelig's handling of what could have been perceived as a dodgy series of transactions. I intend to call them Monday to see when they will have more motors at which time I will again place an order, I don't have to have them until late February.

To John at Kelig, A lot of people are very nervous about ordering online and any little hickup in the flow of the transaction sets off alarms in any purchasers head due to all the scams going on out there. I think you handled both these issues just fine and look forward to doing business in the future. Just one question... why 2 websites that look nothing alike??? Very confusing until I did some deeper research and realized they were one and the same. Perhaps you may want to consider shutting one of them down or at least make both sites look the same. Just my 2 cents worth. :-)

ger21
01-16-2011, 10:58 AM
I think he's in the process from switching from the .net to the .com site.

Harry_Y
10-07-2011, 01:01 PM
I ordered 3 stepper motors from Them on Monday Night.

Upon paying I got sent to an error page (missing page) but
PayPal said the payment was sent, so I figured I'd just call
the next morning, before I had a chance to call I got an
e-mail saying they were already shipping.

They just came in yesterday (Thursday).

Maybe the site just has an error on it
but they seem good to deal with.