PDA

View Full Version : Citizen E32 metric/inch switch

gizmo_454
11-12-2010, 11:11 AM
Hello all. I am new to the Citizen swiss realm. Our E32 has the Mits. controller. I am trying to figure out how to change the machine from metric to inch. I know that the metric would be a bit more accurate, but all of our stuff is in inch so converting back and forth is a mess. I have tried changing the parameter but it keeps saying "no spec". I am waiting for a call back from Citizen themselves, but I guess the guy that knows the procedure is out of town. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

PixMan
11-15-2010, 07:58 PM
Call CMA (Citizen Machinery America) and talk to them. This switchover isn't as simple as one M20/M21 command as it would be on a machining center. There are a great many offsets, macros and sub-programs that come into play here, and all of those must also be converted over to inch format.

For instance. moving the tool slide that carries your T1 through T6 turn/groove/thread/cutoff tools up for indexing send the slide up. Lets assume the distance from the X0 point to the uppermost position is a diametral 60mm in X and the distance between two tools in Y axis is a linear 30mm. The sub-program call for lifting the tool in X and moving over in Y will be written as X60.0 V30.0, so you'd need to change it to X2.3622 V1.1811.

You'd need to get advice (and perhaps programs and parameters) from CMA to make the change.

gizmo_454
11-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Thank you for the input. I have put in a call to Citizen, however, I am still waiting for the guy who knows the E32 to come back from out of town. From the sounds of it, though, I may end up just leaving it in metric for the time being if it is that involved. For the moment, I guess I can live with it so long as I can get it to make parts!

Thanks again!

Mike