PDA

View Full Version : Need some help getting Mach3 set up...

mcphill
10-26-2010, 09:30 PM
I finally built my computer today. I got MACH3 up and running. Everything "should" be fine, though the documentation that comes with the machine isn't very thorough when it comes to what you need to set up MACH3.

Can someone post the .xml file used for the Mikini?

Could you post screenshots of the pinout setup screens? Basically I am looking for figures 4 and 5 in this document from MACH: ftp://machsupport.com/Docs/Mach3%20Setup%20Tutorial.pdf

I got it without the integrated controller, and I only see one parallel cable in the rear of the machine. The manual references two parallel cables. Can someone post a picture of where the two cables come from so I can try to locate my "missing" one (it is pretty close to the all, so kind of hard to see back there...

I have it set up now, and there is some communication, as hitting the E-stop on the Mikini initiates the E-stop in MACH3. I can't reset MACH until the E-stop is physically reset. This shows at least SOMETHING in working... However, I can't move any of the axes, and I the CNC Ready Icon on the Mikini screen remains "X"d out, so something is certainly not right...

Thanks in advance!

mcphill
10-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Phil sent me the XML file, so I hope that gets me up and running tonight!

mcphill
10-27-2010, 06:31 PM
For those playing along at home, the machine is now UP AND RUNNING!

I used the XML file that Phil supplied me, and everything started working. I intend to go through the settings to see what I did wrong, but I guess I don't really care that much now that I have a new toy that works ; )

Unfortunately I left my camera at work, or I would post a video of cutting air, guess I will do that tomorrow... I also have to go out of town for a couple weeks on Monday, so it will be even longer before I get to really play. I do intend to at least do SOMETHING over the weekend though, and I will post some video soon, I promise!

mcphill
10-27-2010, 08:54 PM
And for posterity (and other's use if needed) here is the MACH3 XML file. Rename the .txt to .xml