PDA

View Full Version : Mentor needed, Dallas, TX area

Art Ransom
06-20-2005, 01:37 PM
I live in Lancaster, TX and want to learn about converting a Legacy Ornimental Mill to CNC. The first step will invilve building a machine with 18" by 10' capacity using only one axis that is electronicly geared to the master motor that rotates the stock. The second one will probably be full blown CNC but first things first. I would like to be able to call some one and discuss this project, preferbly in the Dallas area. If you are willing to help please send me your phone number and when I can call. Or call me 7 days between 0800 and 2200 CST.

Art Ransom
972-227-2741
www.turningaround.org

Art Ransom
12-19-2006, 09:28 AM
I have built a 4 axis mill to do wood columns 24" by 12'. Still have to learn a lot but be glad to help. See mill at my site,

joecnc2006
12-19-2006, 11:57 AM
I would build a two axis machine, to allow for the cutting of the columns.

since the so to speak Z-Axis would be only 18" travel, and use 112' to 16' square steel tubing for it to travel along, and since it is such a long travel use a chain drive rather than a belt drive, i would think the belt drive would stretch to much.

BTW: i live in San Antonio.

Joe

ViperTX
12-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Swede is the only person on this forum that lives in your area....at least the only person that comes to mind....and he hasn't posted here in some time and his 5bears.com website seems in disrepair.