PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! servo issue

uuccimi
09-04-2010, 09:27 PM
I did hook few servos with a Geckodriver G320 - after I do apply power the servos star turning without stop, please any one can help me with this issue

Al_The_Man
09-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Maybe encoder phasing wrong?
Al.

uuccimi
09-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Maybe encoder phasing wrong?
Al.

I did check that -try Phase A into Phase B & Phase B into Phase A without luck

drawbar
09-05-2010, 01:50 PM
You will probably need to give more information about your setup if you want help. What brand & model of motors are you trying to run? How are you hooking the power supplies up? Things like that.

uuccimi
09-05-2010, 03:34 PM
attach a schematic that followed from Camtronics
I did use the same exact components

You will probably need to give more information about your setup if you want help. What brand & model of motors are you trying to run? How are you hooking the power supplies up? Things like that.

Bubba
09-05-2010, 03:38 PM
Chances are, the phasing is incorrect. Either reverse the encoder wires OR the power leads to the servo motor. Works 99 times out of 100
I read you have hooked the A phase on the Encoder to the A phase on the gecko? I have had that problem on a couple of setups for various reason. Doing as stated in the first line took care of it.

arizonavideo
09-06-2010, 03:35 AM
You can test to see if the encoder is working by wiring everything up but do not connect the motor power leads.

With the Gecko drives powered on you should be able to turn the motor a small amount and the drive will go into fault. If it does not, the encoder is not functioning properly.

The instructions tell you to do this test first.

Did you?

I would guess the +5V to the encoders is reversed.

uuccimi
09-06-2010, 04:46 PM
I did turn the servo small amount but the drive wont' go to fault. Should I replace the encoder or what because I did reverse the wires without any good result

You can test to see if the encoder is working by wiring everything up but do not connect the motor power leads.

With the Gecko drives powered on you should be able to turn the motor a small amount and the drive will go into fault. If it does not, the encoder is not functioning properly.

The instructions tell you to do this test first.

Did you?

I would guess the +5V to the encoders is reversed.

arizonavideo
09-07-2010, 04:51 AM
I don't know what happens to a encoder if you reverse the power input. Did you do that to all the encoders?

What type of encoders do you have?

A picture of both ends of the wiring might help too.

Bubba
09-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Another possibility is the encoders are drawing more than the 50 ma allowed by the gecko! No, do not try to reverse the polarity of the power to the encoder if it is correctly hooked up. This is a dc circuit and the electronics would not like it. (= magic smoke)

uuccimi
09-07-2010, 01:25 PM
USDIGITAL, enconder E5-250-250-N-S-D-D-B

I don't know what happens to a encoder if you reverse the power input. Did you do that to all the encoders?

What type of encoders do you have?

A picture of both ends of the wiring might help too.

Bubba
09-07-2010, 01:55 PM
There been problems in the recent past with those encoders.

Read up on it on the the Gecko website and how to fix it:

http://www.geckodrive.com/upload/UsingHEDSEncoders.pdf

uuccimi
09-07-2010, 10:20 PM
I did followed this review before, but don't solve any thing!

There been problems in the recent past with those encoders.

Read up on it on the the Gecko website and how to fix it:

http://www.geckodrive.com/upload/UsingHEDSEncoders.pdf