PDA

View Full Version : L20 spindle/collet wrenchs

chet470
09-03-2010, 06:35 AM
Does anybody know of a place to purchase the large wrench used to hold the spindle stationary while removing or installing the collet cap nut for a L20. I actually need the spanner wrecnches to.
Thanks

MikeMc
09-04-2010, 09:34 AM
I believe you can get them at Citizen Machinery America.

http://www.cma-citizen.com/

steve3three
09-09-2010, 07:30 PM
As I'm unfamiliar with citizens, with stars we just use dow pins. The ones that come with the machine after alot of use become wore out and we usually just turn new ones. but you can order hard dow pins (which we have) and they will last forever. But since I'm unfamiliar with citizens Im not sure that will help you, although just like Mike said, Citizen will be able to sell you the OEM version of what your looking for (Im sure its at a price tho)

dasmoose
09-09-2010, 10:46 PM
If you have a good relationship with your local dealer you might be able to some freebies or you could try McMaster Carr? Then again when we needed to do the same we just made our own.

chet470
09-14-2010, 03:38 PM
I am aware that I can purchase them from Citizen, but just like every other machine builder they charge a premium. I was able to locate wrenches thru MSC that work quite nicely. Thanks