PDA

View Full Version : Tool Life Management I on A220

danrudolph
08-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Is anyone using Tool Life Management I on a Citizen A220?

We called Citizen NJ and they were stumped why our used count is not incrementing after each cycle. Apparently no one uses it so it never came up or they just don't know what is wrong with our machine.

Any idea why our used count might not be incrementing? We tried everything, nothing seems to get it to work. It is a standard option as per the the brochure...

cogsman1
08-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Did you look at the instructions in the Operation Manual? Page 6-116. This gives the settings you need for it to work. You may need to be in continous cycle to have it work.

danrudolph
08-10-2010, 01:31 PM
cogsman1,

yes, continuous does not increment the used count either. i was wondering if there was an m code that might turn it on at the beginning of a program or something along those lines? i read the operation manual and spoke to the citizen folks. last i heard they were contacting fanuc to see why it's not working.

i am curious however if anyone is using it and it is working for them.

petriej
08-14-2010, 08:10 PM
I know that some machines with Fanuc use an M20 as the part counter increment.

g-code_junkie
09-02-2010, 12:21 PM
you can try going to the compose page ,under maintainence, turn off tool life 1 and tool life 2 then power down.Then power up, turn them both back on and then power down again.When you power back up it should work.
good luck

danrudolph
09-02-2010, 06:38 PM
strange... last night we got a tool life alarm out of nowhere. i had the life set to 5000 pieces, so about 5000 parts ago it started working. i had it set for about a month or two, when i started this thread.

all the tools i am using seem to work except T32, which is also odd.

i'll try to dive into that problem on my own...