PDA

View Full Version : Heidenhain 4th Axis Guru needed :-)

waynbridge
07-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Has anyone had any experience integrating a 4th axis into a Heidehain Control iTnc530 or 430? Mainly for Deckel Maho Machines or a H & H Mill

I suppose there is a SIK code update and the parameters for reading the encoder and controlling the driver. Then there is the problem of adding another driver and configuring it in. I want to do simulteous 4th Axis machining. The mill is a DMC635.

Would love to know of anyone having configured one.

Cheers,

Wayne

chiz
09-04-2010, 04:58 PM
Did you find someone to interface your 4th axis?

waynbridge
09-06-2010, 02:21 AM
Didn't get any help on getting 4th axis even after a call to Germany, although i could interface one of there rotary tables. Maybe i should just change the controller over to Mach 3, Sell off the Heidenhain, and interface with current motors and scales and add as many axis as i want?

chiz
09-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Can you provide as much detail as you can, It's a bit complicated but can be done. Disregard what Germany has told you. One of my associates here in the US is the Hiedenhain GURU, of course we would love to come to Aussie! We did this last year on Anayak machine in Houston all though there was no requirement for 4 axis simultaneous machining. One of the problems that is encountered when doing this is if they have used one of the feedback slots for the spindle. I am a CNC tech though my background has been with Fanuc I am not afraid to tackle any control out there. I worked for Maho 20 years ago.

waynbridge
09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Sounds promising. Send me your contact number and the best times to call you and we'll work something out :-)

hansdie
09-07-2010, 12:37 AM
It's actually not to complicated. But the details needed are
1. Logic unit ID number (located on the logic unit)
2. Software version number (access through MOD key)
3. Do you have any free position encoder ports X1-X5 or X201-X206
4. Is your rotary table amplifier controled via PWM signal or analog +-10vdc.

Jukka Honkanen
09-26-2010, 06:27 AM
Hi,

What is the status of your project? Maybe I can help you if you need still help.
I have installed several 4th axes to different machines.
Also done lots of retrofits.

Jukka

waynbridge
09-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Hi Jukka, the status of the project has moved along very much since then although i've had some good advice. I've had heaps of work piled upon me as well as ill health, and i'm just trying to work through what i can at this stage when i can. The project came at a quiet time, but have been too busy to look at it since. The main project is to integrate a DMU50 positional to be servo driven(see my other post), but i figured anyone that could integrate a 4th axis would know what to do. There is a reasonable amount of funding to fly someome out for this, but i haven't been well enough or had enough time to organise it yet. May need a few more months. But when i smart enough to figure out that i'm talking to the right person, i will organise it to happen and should be fun.

Jukka Honkanen
09-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Ok.

Let me know if you want any help.
To start with could you send some pictures of your machine and the table. Then I need backup of your control taken with TNCremoNT. (System and machine files)
From the parameter list I can see what kind of setup you have.
And also I can see from the PLC files if 4th axis is allready there!

Jukka