PDA

View Full Version : Candcnc Mp-3000 communication problem?

jarr88
07-10-2010, 08:47 PM
Oky, well i bought my Candcnc MP 3000 DTHC controller about 5 months ago. And last week i started to hook everything up. Well to start of the gecko drive led lights up and have power to the drives and motors. I hooked up all the 25 pin out cords to the cards and then to my pc . Load all my candcnc files to the pc the new screens come on to mach 3. So then i power up the power supply to my motors and try to turn the motors through mach 3 and well nothing. I check my ports and pins setting and everything seems to be set right . But still no motor movement

So the next step i try is to see if i can get mach3 to communicate with e stop or limit trip off the control board so i short out the 2 limit tabs and the limit light on the board goes on, but mach 3 doesn't show anything ??? i check the ports and pins settings and i set it for port 1 pin 11 but still nothing.

So so far the problem seems that mach3 doesn't have any communication with the controller and Mp 3000

The only thing i can think of is when reading trough the candcnc mp 3000 manual they talk about hooking up a power adapter that supply's the mp 3000 with a 5 v and 12 v dc power but that was never shipped when i bought my total package so Im kinda confused why i cant get no communication

Here is a link to my mp 300 package manual http://www.candcnc.com/PDF/MP3000EManul-REV3.pdf

I am very confused and any help would be much appreciated Thanks

DanOSB
07-11-2010, 01:57 PM
did u set it for correct parallel port on the first page when you enter the mach for port/pin it will show parallel port and you have to look at your device driver to get the correct matching name

i would suggest you to post on candcnc yahoo group as tom would answer quicker there i think..

turboedgs
07-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Are you interfacing from your pc to your breakout board via printer port cable or USB?

One problem I had in the beginning was that the printer cable that I was using didn’t have pin to pin continuity. If I touched pin 1 on one end of the printer cable and pin 1 on the other end with a multi meter it didn’t show that they were connected. Some printer cables are not straight through (pin to pin) I would start by checking that both ends of the printer cable match up pin to pin with a multi meter.

Dustin407
07-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Sounds like something from your PCI Card.?? I would double check the very first steps...

bogger44
07-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Join the cand cnc yahoo group tom's page and he'll help you out