PDA

View Full Version : Hyundai HiT-18S CNC Lathe

Clutchbone
06-30-2010, 05:12 PM
We have a "Tool Eye" on this Lathe that will not come down or return using the soft keys. No alarms show up and there are no PLC inputs or outputs for me to trace. Normally the Tool Eye would just go down and up using the soft keys, our operators who use these all the time are baffled, it looks like it was erased as an option. Any help?:confused:

yaesu747
07-16-2010, 02:38 PM
If you have an 840C control That is the procedure to acces the options:

press menu select
press diagnosis
press password
enter 1111
press set
press start up
press machine data
press plc md
press user md
cursor down to the 8000.2 data
there is the tool setter

i hope that help you

Clutchbone
07-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Thank you for the help, however it told me the unit was in fact "turned on". So now the dilema is; what is wrong with the tool eye that it doesn't work suddenly? There doesn't seem to be any inputs on the PLC when the soft buttons are pushed and definately no outputs.

Matt P
07-30-2010, 11:25 AM
We have a "Tool Eye" on this Lathe that will not come down or return using the soft keys. No alarms show up and there are no PLC inputs or outputs for me to trace. Normally the Tool Eye would just go down and up using the soft keys, our operators who use these all the time are baffled, it looks like it was erased as an option. Any help?:confused:

I have 8 of these machines and from what you said is going on.
Your fix should be a easy one!
The problem that I found that cause this on those machines is there is 24V Dc
power supply at the bottom of the left door in the back.
What I have found is usualy a wire has come off one of the large electrolytic Capacitors.
just put the wire back on (I have soldered all of mine on all of my machines.)
But this will I am sure fix your problem!
Matt

Clutchbone
08-02-2010, 12:08 PM
Matt,

That was it, I opened the door and the wires were just sitting there. Thank youy so much for the help, we are back at it.:)

Clutch

Clutchbone
08-26-2010, 05:11 PM
I have a new issue and it gives us no alarms to trace.

After an hour or two the spindle on one of my Lathes just drops out and restarts. It will continue doing this sometimes for the rest of the day (not one alarm shows up). This sounds like it may be an overheating issue to me but wouldn't that show as an alarm? I hear opening the rear door causes this to become more infrequent but it is not excessively hot in the cabinet and all the cooling fans are working and extremely clean.

yaesu747
08-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Your problem in the spindle is located in the measuring board.
In this board, you have 3 relay .
These relay, make enable the controller of drivers for axis and spindle.
In the Simodrive 611, look for a module whitch have a LCD display, this is the spindle controller.
Locate the terminals 9 and 65.
When the spindle fault to start, not reset, bypass that terminals, if the spindle start to rotate, the problem is the relay in the measuring board.
Send the measuring board to Siemens, for repair.

In other order:
Some day, i may be travel to any country for services, here, in my country, is not to much of work.

nissanscottie
09-10-2010, 10:59 AM
i have an 18 s 1994 that on the key switch it will not change id to od with out changing the hydrolic lines. the switch is good. any advice

peronad
09-21-2010, 05:09 PM
sorry for barging in on this thread but does anyone know where to get toolholders for the hyundai hit 18s? Need the holder for square facing tools. Having a hard time finding anything on the internet. Thanks.

machine_nut
02-17-2012, 03:58 PM
If you have an 840C control That is the procedure to acces the options:

press menu select
press diagnosis
press password
enter 1111
press set
press start up
press machine datampleatly
press plc md
press user md
cursor down to the 8000.2 data
there is the tool setter

i hope that help you

Sorry for the cutin but I just cam accross this and was wondering if you know how to completely disable the tool eye, I keep getting error 9204 saying to jog carefully off probe when the tool is nowhere near the tool eye
and the tool eye is in the up position.

Thanks
Any help
Gene

danoh
04-20-2012, 01:45 PM
hello i have a hit 18 and one of our operators was attempting to move the tail stock in doing so he full undone the two 19mm bolts inside the tail stock all the hydraulic oil leaked and tank completely emptied.i have replenished the oil and restarted the machine but nothing seems to be happening with hydraulic presser and pump.i have no manual or diagrams for the machine can someone help or point me in the direction of a manual

santosprotones
08-26-2013, 03:06 PM
hello
* I have a question, my lathe decomposed hydraulic pump. and you have not the original, I wanna know what brand and what data has the original pump, you can help me with that data? . I appreciate it. thanks

Clutchbone
08-26-2013, 03:49 PM
In many ways you are in real trouble, I have one machine that kept destroying the pump shafts (it was our newest machine too). There are no specs in any manuals for this unit and Hyundai is one of the worst companies for customer support. I suggest you pull the whole tank and motor out, take it to a hydraulic shop and let them repair it if possible. The one thing I would consider doing first is removing the pump from the motor to see if the shaft is still keyed and connected to the motor, if it is the problem is is still an expensive fix. Hyundai wanted $3300 for this unit/combo 5 years ago and it was 6 weeks out, things may have changed but with them it is usually for the worst.

santosprotones
08-26-2013, 05:08 PM
in advance thank you very much for responding, I am in charge of maintenance of lathes and because I am desperate because I have already almost a week with the problem. I have calculated the pump but I wanted a second opinion before investing in new equipment.
I will consider what I propose thank you very much.
greetings from Mexico

yaesu747
09-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Hy everybody.
Sorry for not come so offten.
If any of have questions i can help.
good luck

RBrandes
09-13-2013, 04:08 PM
Sorry for the cutin but I just cam accross this and was wondering if you know how to completely disable the tool eye, I keep getting error 9204 saying to jog carefully off probe when the tool is nowhere near the tool eye
and the tool eye is in the up position.

Thanks
Any help
Gene

Gene,
My machine lost it's tool eye before I got it. Here are the steps;

Diagonostics
Password
Input
Set Pass
Machine Data
PLC MD
USER MD
set 8000.2 to "0"
Recal key until you see General Reset
Reset PLC MD
Wait until you see the screen change and then power down for 20 seconds.
Regards, Ray

mtutus
06-19-2014, 04:20 PM
Hello dears.
I need hit 18s 840c hdd ghost image and mmc install procedure
Mustafatutus@gmail.com

mtutus
06-19-2014, 04:23 PM
Hello dears.
I need hit18s 840c hdd ghost images and mmc install procedure
Thank you