PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Star Swiss saving the work offsets to disk

Jim2323
06-08-2010, 08:05 PM
Hi guys ,Im new to the Zone .Looks like a great place. I work for a small shop that has a few swiss star machines SVJ 16 with fanuc controls. I was hoping sombody could help me with saving the work offsets to disk / by the rs232 connection . I know it can be done but cant for the life of remember the punch code ..like p9999 saves the parameters , I was thinking there was another P???? for the work offsets and geometry offsets. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to load the offsets with the program when setting them up to save time. Thank You!
Jim

chet470
06-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Jim, you must be in edit mode. Once you're in the offset page use the soft keys to "punch" out the offsets exactly as if you for a program.

chet470
06-14-2010, 08:16 PM
once in offset page simply select punch & execute and the offsets will be punched out

dookie2022
06-23-2010, 06:22 AM
If you are refering to the tool geometry offsets and wanting to save then this was not possible as star uses custom graph page to store this data not the standard fanuc system as the geometry page also identified the tool type being used.
To input geomtry offset Star use G-codes
Head1
Gang Tool Post G265 T_ X_ A_ Z_
Turret G265 T_ Y_ B_ Z_ E_
Head2
Turret G265 T_ Y_ B_ Z_ E_

Note
When address is omitted in geometry offset input that will keep original data and do not overwrite the offset quanity.
To rewrite the offset quantity to zero input zero in geometry offset

As for saving this data I don't think you can I need to check my resouces to confirm

dookie2022
06-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Is the machine a SV-32JII
After checking the manual I could not find a method to save the geometies as star do not use the standard Fanuc geometry system only the wear geometries apply