View Full Version : First Major project

06-06-2010, 06:51 PM
This may not be a major project to some but it was to me. The important part is that the Tree J325 had no hiccups and I learned a lot.

I finished the retrofit using Mach3 and Gecko drives last December and have made several parts but with no "pressure".

This is an adapter a friend asked me to make for his International Scout to adapt a fuel injected version of a bell housing with an external slave cylinder to his vehicle. There's about ten hours of machine time in this and I spent it with vacuum in one hand and a squirt bottle with coolant in the other...I need a better way...

06-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Congratulations! It sounds like it maybe time for a mister....and maybe a bandsaw, surface grinder, and tig welder to compliment it.

06-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Good looking part.

Yep, a mister will go a long way. Depending on your shop, you may want a bigger compressor to go with that too!



06-07-2010, 12:25 PM
I have a mister and decided not to use it because of all the motorcycles I don't want covered in oil- I would prefer a drip system when I can afford it...regarding all the other equipment that was suggested I buy I can barely move in the space I have...8-(

Darth Yoda
09-09-2014, 06:52 PM
Ghetto-licious drip coolant. Take a 2liter bottle filled with coolant and hang it closeby. Poke aquarium tubing down thru the lid and run it to the part. Control flow with a c-clamp. Ugly but semi-efficient. Doubles as a intravenous beer injector also.