PDA

View Full Version : PCB milling

FabCNC
05-19-2005, 04:55 AM
Hi to everyone!

This is my first post here, and honestly I don't know if this is the right section... (excuse me for now that. For now I'm a bit confused with this big place!).

My question is simple:

From some months I'm engaged to build a small cnc milling machine to realize my PCB hobby projects.
Over the net I find some ideas about mechanics and control electronics.

By the time, I'm searching some software solution to control the system, but here comes some trouble:

I use "eagle" to create my electronic projects... this application has got a CAM processor with Gerber, HPGL, Excellon, ecc. output.

But when I import this output to some CAM soft, like Kcam, it is not well reproduced.

Can anyone has some experience (and than some ideas) to realize:

PCB track "de-contour" or some right transformations?
Well export-import drill file (for holes for "Trought Hole Technology")
Some tested procedure for doing that?

Thanks a lot and excuse my bad english!

Fabrizio

abasir
05-19-2005, 05:41 AM
Fabrizio,
No need to use the CAM, just download the ULP (GCode.zip) from link below and run it. So far no problem with KCam.

http://www.cadsoft.de/cgi-bin/download.pl?page=/home/cadsoft/html_public/download.htm.en&dir=pub/userfiles/ulp

Inside the .zip there are 4 files: for PCB outline, PCB track normal, PCB track mirror image & for drilling gcodes. Have fun...

FabCNC
05-19-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks, man

this seems very helpful!!

I will try this ulp ASAP...

Kookaburra
05-23-2005, 09:07 PM
FabCNC,

DeskCNC is the best I've Found So Far.

FabCNC
05-24-2005, 06:35 AM
G-code.ulp Works great with OUTLINES in Kcam!!

But have some problems with drill g-code...

I never try DesKam... I will search for it and try...

Thanks for now!

Fab

abasir
05-24-2005, 08:44 PM
But have some problems with drill g-code...Fab

What's the problem :devious:
The GCode produced uses G82 (Drill & Dwell). IIRC, KCam supports the G82 so shouldn't be any issues.