PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Indexing Sub Spindle on Citizen M32

kkiphart
05-05-2010, 07:12 AM
We recently had our sub spindle rebuilt but now have it back in the machine. It runs regular M23-M25 commands but for some reason I am having no luck getting this thing to index again. I did a PLG automatic adjustment and still no luck. If I go into MDI $3 and input M48 C0. the spindle just keeps spinning until I reset it. The parameter I automatically adjusted was SP240 in Spindle 1 and Spindle 2 in the spindle parameter page.

Does anyone know of anything else I can try or is it possible that the PLG sensor got damaged somehow????:confused:

citizencnc
05-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Check the spindle lock pin, it may not aligned properly. When this happened, the pin doesn't reach the prox switch to tell the spindle to stop.

Good luck.

Shadow_CMA
11-24-2010, 10:01 AM
When doing the PLG Auto-Adjust procedure on the sub-sp, you only need to change SP240 for collum (2), to a 0. Power machine down, wait 10 sec, power up, unlock parameters, Maint, PLC/IF, (1001)()(M) & INPUT. Go back to PRA., Spindle parameters, and change SP240 for collum (2) back to a 1, then go to MDI $2 and type M23; press INPUT & cycle start.
Sub-spindle should spin & stop, power down, wait 10, power up & go back to spindle parameters & check if SP240 stayed a 1, if so you should be good, if not I would say that the PLG pickup sensor has "strike-damage" on it, from when it was disassembled/reassembled & bounced off the pickup ring.

Shadow@CMA