PDA

View Full Version : Using loops in gcode?

forhire
03-30-2010, 09:08 PM
What is the syntax used on the dynatorch for creating loops in gcode?

forhire
03-30-2010, 09:32 PM
I found it in the manual. G76 is the repeat a section of the code command. I was looking for loop and not finding it. You start it with a loop number (L1 for example) and the at the bottom of your loop you call G76 to close the loop with the loop count and the loop number (example, G76 P5 L1). Simple enough.

WSS
04-01-2010, 09:59 PM
I found it in the manual. G76 is the repeat a section of the code command. I was looking for loop and not finding it. You start it with a loop number (L1 for example) and the at the bottom of your loop you call G76 to close the loop with the loop count and the loop number (example, G76 P5 L1). Simple enough.

forhire,
Do you know if that will work in Oxy/fuel mode? I would assume the code to loop would be the same. I am thinking that you mean to go over the same part a specified number of times. I have a "annealing" cycle that I need to work out with a heating tip on the end of a machine torch for softening up some AR plate around some areas that will be machined after being cut.

Thanks,
WSS

forhire
04-02-2010, 12:40 AM
forhire,
Do you know if that will work in Oxy/fuel mode? I would assume the code to loop would be the same. I am thinking that you mean to go over the same part a specified number of times. I have a "annealing" cycle that I need to work out with a heating tip on the end of a machine torch for softening up some AR plate around some areas that will be machined after being cut.

I would expect it should work for the annealing cycle. I think that's a brilliant idea. I'm going to file that away in my mind when for when I need it ;)

I've been thinking of putting a torch setup on my table. Did you purchase the torch kit from dynatorch or roll your own?

WSS
04-06-2010, 10:47 PM
forhire,
I put the oxy stuff together myself before the gantry arrived. I had been using it on other projects but had intended it's home to be on the DT gantry. I will be "retro fitting" it soon with a hi/lo pre-heat and a ease on pierce.

WSS