PDA

View Full Version : First time CNC Router

KP23
05-02-2005, 12:53 AM
Hello,
I am building a modified version of the jgro plans. I am about ready for the lead screws and nuts. My question is about the lead screw; do I have to use the expensive lead screws and nuts, or can I use all thread and correct any deviation of measurement in the programming? I'm not really looking for a cheep way out so much as not spending money where I don't really have to.
Any input would be much appreciated.

Ken

joecnc2006
05-02-2005, 12:59 AM
Hello,
I am building a modified version of the jgro plans. I am about ready for the lead screws and nuts. My question is about the lead screw; do I have to use the expensive lead screws and nuts, or can I use all thread and correct any deviation of measurement in the programming? I'm not really looking for a cheep way out so much as not spending money where I don't really have to.
Any input would be much appreciated.

Ken

Here is my mod to the jgro plans, you can see how i did mine.

do you have pics?

KP23
05-02-2005, 01:11 AM
Joe200che,
As a new member, this is my first post. I did upload a picture of my machine, but I haven't found where to look at yours yet.

Ken

joecnc2006
05-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Joe200che,
As a new member, this is my first post. I did upload a picture of my machine, but I haven't found where to look at yours yet.

Ken

oops forgot to post the link, try this.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10067

joe