PDA

View Full Version : Mazak L Alarm

SFA
04-28-2005, 02:44 PM
I have customer who has a Mazak Laser with L controller. They are trying to setup CNC communications and getting an alarm upon punching out. They tried to call Mazak for help yet no one has called back.

The alarm is 301 which means nothing to me. If someone has a clue or even a list of alarms codes, please fax it to me @ 619-461-5918.

Also, any wiring diagram would be helpful too. We have wired the cable up to use hardware flow control but maybe this is related to the alarm?

Al_The_Man
04-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Is it a Mitsubishi or Fanuc control? If so do you know what system #?
For the communication, either Fanuc or Mitsubishi, if they have brought the communication out to a 25p D connector then it should Be standard RS232 and you can jumper the handshake out both ends 4-5 6-8-20.
I am not familier with the Mazak laser so this is general information. For e.g. the error 301 on recent Mazak/Mitsubishi is 'single block on' but I doubt if that is the case here.
Al.

SFA
05-26-2005, 01:52 AM
It was a cabling issue - the machine did not have the correct jumpers. We sent them a hardware handshake Grizzly Cable and it worked great. Thx for the attempt!