PDA

View Full Version : Mach2 G02, G03 Modal?

miljnor
04-27-2005, 01:19 AM
I have just started to familiarize myself with mach2.

I loaded a simple lathe program and tried to cycle thru it. In the display there are lots of lines, why? and when the program runs all moves after a g02, g03 are circular ?? only feed moves are supposed to be circular, not the rapids! what gives is there a switch I am missing?

sorry I was incrementing the program too fast.

what the real problem is. is the IJK comands aren't machinging correctly. I change the IJK in the config from incremental to absolut and back and it makes a change but it is still wrong. I use the HAAS post for a standard fanuc style g code.

miljnor
04-27-2005, 01:47 AM
i have found the problem. The go2 g03 codes are backward in mach2 is there anyway to change this in Mach2 I would like them to be standard to a commercialy available post. and not have to pay for a new post that does it backward.

PoppaBear10
04-27-2005, 06:35 AM
Hello,

I have found this problem as well with Mach2/3 Lathe, the work around is in your CAM post, (I use OneCNC), set your "Arc interpretation" to approximate by lines and set your tolarance as low as your controller/machine will go, I use 0.0001 you will find although this adds lines of code, it quits those strange "Crop Circles" in the tool path.

Scott

miljnor
04-27-2005, 11:06 PM
I know i can get the post for gibbs modified. I was just wonding if Art at artsoft was emulating a g-code interpreter when he decided to make the graphics like a normal manual lathe instead of the CNC lathes (which is typicaly upside down).

When the graphics are inverted the G02 and G03 are rendering in the appropriate direction.

I think Mach2 is decidedly one of the best computer based controlers on the market, but I wish all of them had a little more interoperability.