PDA

View Full Version : NCPlot v2.20 beta 7 now available

MetLHead
03-07-2010, 01:34 PM
These beta versions are for testing only and are intended to help us work out problems before updates are released. To download, go to www.ncplot.com and click the NCPlot v2 link.

NCPlot v2.20 BETA 7 Release Notes
March 7, 2010

Bug Fixes

Fixed some issues with the multiple document interface and undesired switching between the open documents.

Fixed a problem with the program extents being miscalculated in some cases when an arc motion is at the extents.

Fixed a bug in the DXF sorting that could cause some objects to disappear from the drawing.

Fixed a problem with the local variables when using M98 subprogram calls. The local variables were being properly passed to the subprogram, but were not being passed back to the calling program. The M98 sub calls should maintain the local variables.

Fixed a bug in the renumbering tool. If there was a "GOTO" statement in the program without a block number after it the renumbering tool would crash.

General

Added preferences setting to select whether a new file is opened on startup.

Added preferences setting for script execution timeout. This setting determines how long to allow a script to run before prompting you to either allow it to continue or to kill it. Making this setting longer is useful if you have scripts that take a long time to run.

Added a machine configuration setting for default script folder. This allows you to specify a script folder for each machine configuration. If this setting is blank then the default scripts folder will be the "\scripts" folder under the installed application folder.

Added new M98 subprogram call format:

M98 Q1 L1 Q = Block number
L = Repeat count

Added support for M198 subprogram call:

M198 P1 L1 P = Program number
L = Repeat count

You can now open files by dragging and dropping them onto the application window instead of just on an open document.

Scripting

Added new scripting methods:

NCPGetSubprogramSetting strSetting
NCPSetSubprogramSetting strSetting, newvalue
NCPSublistAdd lngPNum, filepath
NCPSublistRemove lngPNum
NCPGetSublistCount
NCPGetSublistItem index, lngPNum, filepath
NCPSublistRemoveAll
NCPGetFileCount
NCPGetFilePath (index)
NCPFileNew
NCPFileLoad (filepath)
NCPFileSave ([PathToSave], [PathToSaveAs])
NCPGetActiveFile
NCPSetActiveFile (filepath)
NCPFileClose ([PathToClose])
NCPGetTTGSetting strSetting
NCPSetTTGSetting strSetting, newvalue
NCPConvertText
NCPGetCursorPos
NCPSetCursorPos (newvalue)

Check the release notes and sample scripts for complete descriptions of the new scripting functions.

Enjoy!

Scott

InDaBarn
03-12-2010, 08:09 AM
Scott,

I created separate script folders for each machine and made them the default within each machine configuration. When I copied the scripts to their respective folders everything was fine. The Scripts bar was populated correctly and executed correctly. When I deleted the scripts from the "\scripts" folder under the installed application folder the Scripts bar was still populated correctly but when try to execute them I get a "Path not found:" error pointing to the "\scripts" folder under the installed application folder.

Also I noticed on the "View" window there is no maximize button. I use two monitors and drag this window to it's own monitor then I stretch it manually. This is not a big problem since NCPlot remembers size and location of the window but would be nice.

Thanks, and keep up the great job.

InDaBarn

MetLHead
03-12-2010, 07:07 PM
InDaBarn,

Thanks for the report, I did manage to track down and fix the script folder problem.

I'm not sure if I can add a maximize button to the viewport window, but I'll check into it.

Thanks,
Scott

TURNER
03-18-2010, 06:13 AM
Hi Scott,
May have found a minor bug. Please follow these steps to replicate what is happening.
1) run ncplot
2) open a file
3) plot/ refresh plot
4)now on the tool list bar click on a tool
....the tool is highlighted in the text window
5)now click in the text window and try to move cursor using the arrow keys

Doesnt work , i tried clicking in plot window then back in text window to regain correct focus but did not work. Then i tried again and accidentally clicked on an element in the plot window , clicked in text window all ok got focus back arrow keys working . I then closed file and opened another repeated steps this time all works ok. So seams to only be happening first time around.
Thanks,
Keith.

MetLHead
03-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Keith,

I was able to duplicate this behavior here, but I'm still scratching my head over it... kinda strange.

Thanks,
Scott

patcareyis
03-21-2010, 10:19 AM
Looks as thought M98 Handling / Ignore Sub If Not Found.
is not working. I worked around this by Default Search Path and creating a file with the sub name. The file is just M99 command this works to allow it to plot (the sub that it won't ignore is on/off sub )
Looks as thought it skips the first (on sub) and errors on the second (off sub)
this works to plot the file but if I open it through macro translate it removes the sub call needed to start/stop.
I was using ignore if not found and both plotting and opening through macro translator worked in NcPlot v2.20b6

MetLHead
03-21-2010, 09:07 PM
Thanks, this is something that got broken after I added the "warn on sub not found" setting. I know what's causing it and it'll be fixed for the next beta.

Scott

TURNER
03-22-2010, 07:51 AM
Hello again Scott,
In the preferences dialog there is a setting for "script execution timeout(sec)".
Is this running in milliseconds and not seconds?. It just seems to fire warning msg awfully quick. Not a problem though, as if you ignore it the scripts still run until finished. Also found another on same area, if you delete the text for this preference using either delete or backspace key, ncplot throws a runtime error.
Cheers,
Keith.

patcareyis
04-13-2010, 07:48 PM
when trying to print veiwport i'm getting
run-time error '380' invalid property value
this only happens if i use file\print veiwport\print or alt\f\v\p
if i click setup it works fine

TURNER
04-27-2010, 10:59 AM
Hi Scott,
Hope you are well. May have found another little one.
...Set up-machine config-workoffsets cannot change values, when i click on a field it turns yellow, lets me type in value then if i use tab or arrow keys or enter i cant get out of the field unless i use the mouse. This then changes the value back to zero??????
Thanks Keith

mvcalypso
06-01-2010, 10:19 PM
Hi Scott,
Is there an ET when 2.20 will move to non-beta status?

I have a hankering to see that start up warning dialog go away... <grin>

Dave