PDA

View Full Version : Rams support, training, upgrades

TweedFab
03-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Hello all.
I have been trying to get in touch with someone at Rams for about a week now, no replies to my emails. Since I saw some messages (old messages) answered by someone at Rams, I thought I would try here too.
I purchased a seat of Rams3d a few years ago and used it alot for about a year to program my CNC plasma cutter. Since then I went to work at a fabrication company programming their plasma cutters and laser. So I have not used the Rams software for probably 3 years.
Anyways, I recently purchased an older VMC for my little shop. And am (was) going to start using Rams again to program my VMC and my plasma when needed. But have considered upgrading to be able to program 4 axis, and considering ordering the training books.
Anyone on this forum able to offer some help?
Thanks,
Louis

TweedFab
03-15-2010, 09:33 AM
Since I see that people have viewed this thread I will update the status.
Jack from Rams support replied to my support request. He sent me a link for the update to the newest version. The new version installed and works fine without any need to update or replace my hardware dongle.
Overall I would say I am numb with regards to Rams support. It took way to long to get a response from a company that sells software. But on the other hand the response was good and helpful.