PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Long threading

wilsondg
03-03-2010, 09:10 AM
I have a Tsgumai B32 swiss and need to thread a rather long length medical thread, and....here's the catch....I am currently unable to thread whirl it. The machine has the standard Fanuc 18i-T control. Can anyone tell me how to thread so far, say 1.5", pick up w/ sub, reset Z, but still pick up the thread pitch and continue threading? I'm not sure if I can do it in G92 or G32, and would I need to re-orient the C axis each time. Help appriciated.

ProProcess
03-05-2010, 07:25 AM
I do not know your control, but in general, this can be done.
You would use G32.
Your starting Z for the subsequent thread sections will need to be a function of the original starting Z and the thread pitch.
You will also need to traverse into the previous thread section to blend in the meeting points.
This should get you started, good luck.

hacdlux
03-07-2010, 08:29 PM
the bs32 has more stroke thannecessary unless were talking about a rediculously long thread (over 10") http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100378
if you need any more help i might be able to point you in the direction of some one in the know

good luck

wilsondg
03-07-2010, 08:46 PM
I appreciate the reply, I'll give this a try tomorrow

ProProcess
03-08-2010, 12:22 PM
the bs32 has more stroke thannecessary unless were talking about a rediculously long thread (over 10") ...

The issue is not the length of the headstock stroke, but the length of the guidebushing land.

hacdlux
03-09-2010, 02:44 AM
The issue is not the length of the headstock stroke, but the length of the guidebushing land.

i agree, the initial question involved using the sub to do a rechuck which is unnecessary, thats why i refered him to the g32 thread

it is all dependent on what the thread is,the l:d ratio, and the initial stock size