Automation Manager and Materials (number of sheets)

Thread: Automation Manager and Materials (number of sheets)

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Automation Manager and Materials (number of sheets)

I've been working on this for weeks....

I can't seem to figure out how to utilize some offcuts for my nested parts. Originally I thought it would be as simple as entering the sheet sizes into the Materials tab of the Automation Manager and entering the quantity of each sheet size.

Automation Manager ends up nesting everything into the first sheet size regardless of the quantity. Any comments on what I am doing wrong?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Automation Manager and Materials (number of sheets)

Quote Originally Posted by granto View Post
    I've been working on this for weeks....

I can't seem to figure out how to utilize some offcuts for my nested parts. Originally I thought it would be as simple as entering the sheet sizes into the Materials tab of the Automation Manager and entering the quantity of each sheet size.

Automation Manager ends up nesting everything into the first sheet size regardless of the quantity. Any comments on what I am doing wrong?

The problem I have isn't an issue if I use the Nesting function. It's only when I use the Automation Manager that this is an issue.

At the moment, I process all the parts using the Automation Manager and then use the .ard files and nest them with the nesting function. This bandaid solution is working but I can't see why I'm having a problem with the Automation Manager...

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Automation Manager and Materials (number of sheets)

As an update. I reached out to Alphacam support for an unrelated issue with Alphacam 2022. He agreed that this material thing looks like an issue and will open a support ticket for me. I hope it leads to a solution.