Need Help! Q on CC 120M post for Alphacam

Thread: Q on CC 120M post for Alphacam

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Q on CC 120M post for Alphacam

Hello all,

I am wondering if my post can be changed slightly to accomplish the following;-

The spindles do not stop when the cutter is finished, I have to press a button on the machine to manually stop the spindles when the program is finished, is it possible to make the spindles stop when the machine is finished with the tool?

I would like to be able to enter an offset for Z, at the moment I have to get the calculator out and enter the tool lengths into the machine depending on material thickness... for every cutter.

The post works fine, these are just minor annoyances, but I would appreciate any help.

If it is of any relevance- I am cutting sheet material, plastic and MDF.

See post attached.

Thank you.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Q on CC 120M post for Alphacam

Hi,

"The spindles do not stop when the cutter is finished, I have to press a button on the machine to manually stop the spindles when the program is finished, is it possible to make the spindles stop when the machine is finished with the tool?"
    This caused M0 on a end of program - machine is in a "stop mode" and you have to finish program by next press machine button

"I would like to be able to enter an offset for Z, at the moment I have to get the calculator out and enter the tool lengths into the machine depending on material thickness... for every cutter.
    Do not understand your request correctly. You mean some Z offset like G92 Z? .... or do you have some example?

M.

Postprocessors, VBA macros, .NET programming.
    www.ccsoftcz.com

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Q on CC 120M post for Alphacam

I'm not sure it is because of the M0. On the machine there is a button called "Spindle stop", it is specifically for stopping the spindle, I am not pressing the cycle button if that is what you thought. And the machine goes home without my intervention.

I have worked with a different post that asked me for "Z offset" when I output the program in alphacam, that is what I would like. The offset would be whatever the sheet material thickness is. At the moment I cannot put an offset in and I have to change the cutter lengths in the machine instead.

Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Chris,
    a bit rusty on this but if you go into alphaedit you can edit the post. Copy it first before you change anything and play with the copy. look for the "trailing lines or end of programme" and add the M code to stop heads. other option is to manualy put it at end of programme in machine.

Stuart