AlphaCam 7.5 Install Help.

Thread: AlphaCam 7.5 Install Help.

Default AlphaCam 7.5 Install Help.

Hello guys, just looking for a little bit of help as this isn't my field.

I'm a software engineer but my partners father is a joiner and uses AlphaCam along with some other stuff for his work. He currently uses AlphaCam 7.5 on his current computer however it is very old and is in need of upgrading.
    I've been tasked with sorting him a new system out and i'm just wondering if you guys have any experience with running/installing older versions of AlphaCam with a new system. He also has a Parallel dongle which i'll assume is for security. Going to be using that with a PCI Parallel port card. Any help or input is greatly appreciated, Many thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AlphaCam 7.5 Install Help.

Quote Originally Posted by DouglasClark1994 View Post
    Hello guys, just looking for a little bit of help as this isn't my field.

I'm a software engineer but my partners father is a joiner and uses AlphaCam along with some other stuff for his work. He currently uses AlphaCam 7.5 on his current computer however it is very old and is in need of upgrading.
    I've been tasked with sorting him a new system out and i'm just wondering if you guys have any experience with running/installing older versions of AlphaCam with a new system. He also has a Parallel dongle which i'll assume is for security. Going to be using that with a PCI Parallel port card. Any help or input is greatly appreciated, Many thanks!
    Hello,

yes, have some experience and not good. On Win XP it run but when you upgrade on newest version of Win 7 and more it will not works. It is better upgrade Alphacam also.

Postprocessors, VBA macros, .NET programming.
    www.ccsoftcz.com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: AlphaCam 7.5 Install Help.

Hello, I ran Alphacam 7.5 for years on a windows 7 pro. Dell, laptop. About 4 years ago it started to run poorly. Freezing up, glitching out, etc. I restored my laptop to a previous point, where updates had not installed and did not install any updates for about a year. The company I work for did not have the money for a new update to alphacam. In 2015 we finally upgraded to Alphacam r2015 and was told by them to continue using windows 7. Then a year later, harddrive started failing on my old laptop so it was time to get a new one. Was told by Alphacam that if I wanted to go with windows 10 I should upgrade to R2016. So, My new laptop is still windows 7! Also, got the old one back up a running at the house, so bonus!
    I said all that to say this... upgrade as much as you can, just speak with Alphacam and see what they think... beware the sales pitch though. hope this helps.