Need Help! Y-Axis problems

Thread: Y-Axis problems

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Y-Axis problems

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me with an issue I am having.

I just received a 4x8 cnc router from China (crickets) that I order some time back. It pretty much came ready for use aside from some manual power wiring and small item assembly.

I powered it up to check that everything was working properly. X-Axis moves without a hitch, as does the Z-Axis. I pressed Home on the RichAuto HHC and it began to home towards the front of the machine. Once it reached the front of the machine, gantry gave a pretty moderate jerk. Confused, I tried jogging the Y-Axis towards the back of the machine and it started twisting as though one side was caught on something.

After a while trying to figure out if there was something it was getting caught on or debris on the rails; I removed the panels covering the stepper motors to find out that when I jog the machine towards the back (positively) the slave motor jogs negatively, while the Y-Axis Motor jogs positively.

I have read on a few forums about it being wired wrong, or the same on both motors, but when I jog the machine towards the front, it jogs without a problem and both motors work together. It is only when I jog towards the back that this happens. Could it still be a wiring issue?

Needless to say I am a definite greenhorn when it comes to cnc, but I am definitely very intrigued by cnc and would love to get some insight from someone as to what it could be, or if the solution is in front of all along and I need to back off a little to get perspective.

Any advice helps, thank you in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk