Hey everybody,

The start up I've been working on the last year and a half called Mongo Toys, has recently created a plastic modular t-slot framing system, called MakeWiths, and we're looking for some feedback. I figured this forum would be a great start after reading some of the previous discussions and witnessing some of the experience you all have had with t-slot framing systems.
Attachment 322061
One of the first questions you might be asking yourself, is why we made the system plastic. I can assure you there's some well-thought out reasoning behind it. We made it plastic so customers could design and 3d print their own adaptable parts at home, or elsewhere there's a printer available. We intend to contribute, and encourage the use of 3d printing. With that being said, we will be offering our files on our website, so if people don't want to purchase a lost part from us, they can download and print them as they please. We also believe making it plastic allows the system to be more lightweight, customizable, and hopefully will come at a lesser cost.

Other than it being plastic, one of the most differentiating factors of our system is that it requires minimal to no tools for builds. We have designed the system so that the poles meet at right angles through the use corner pieces that we've created. These corner pieces will come with either 2-6 slots per piece. The way it works is the extruded poles have an adapter piece that slides onto the end of either side of the extrusion. This adapter piece works as the connection to the corner piece, which when all put together, provides a sturdy and reliable connection. This system allows the user to avoid having to use screws, brackets, tools etc.

Below this paragraph, I have provided a link to our website if your interested in learning more about the design. As I mentioned earlier, we want people to come design products with us, so we will be hosting a forum where people can submit anything from a quick thought drawn on a napkin, all the way to a well-thought out CAD model they've created. We want to create products and make iterations WITH the customer.

http://mongotoys.com/

Our semi-pro series will be to market soon, and we hope to get the pro series to market shortly after! I am extremely interested and open to hearing feedback so please, fire away!