aluminum T slot table surface

Thread: aluminum T slot table surface

Default aluminum T slot table surface

I have a Shop Sabre 4896 CNC router and would like to find a supplier for T slot aluminum extrusions. I only need 3/4" to 1" think aluminum for the table surface. Most of the 8020 Inc extrusions aren't wide enough and seem much thicker than what is needed.
    Any info would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It would also be nice if standard 1/4 x 20 bolt heads would fit in the T slots.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: aluminum T slot table surface

Or modular components here in Australia.
    Aluminium Profile 8 for Automation, workbenches and more
    I haven't bought from them so I don't know what the cost is or the service provided but it's a start. This stuff is sometimes hard to find.
    :-)

I am not completely useless.......I can always serve as a BAD example.

Default Re: aluminum T slot table surface

I got my table surface from misumi. I got 3 big extruded pieces of aluminum, measuring 15mm tall (about 5/8" thick) and 250mm wide (about 9 and 13/16") each. I joined 3 of them together to make one big table. Each piece cost about $35 from misumi's online website - and measures like i said 250mm & is 640mm in length (the machine i'm building measures longer from left to right than it does front to back@880mm wide 640mm long). They have different profiles of all different widths and heights, they are customizable and you can order them pre-cut to length and they have 3 different sizez for the t-slots in them - 6mm, 8mm, and 10mm slot opening widths. Check them out here I'-m sure you'-ll find something you like at a solid price. I' am very pleased with the quality of the ones i ordered, as I ended up getting a 750x640x15mm t-slot table for about a hundred bucks. They arrived within a week of placing my order, very well packaged and protected, and without any imperfections upon inspection.

You can find them here: Flat Aluminum Extrusions of MISUMI?MISUMI USA

Or if you are navigating the site you can find them under: MISUMI Home>Automation Components>Aluminum Extrusions, Framing, Support & Posts>Aluminum Extrusion and Brackets>Special AEX>Flat Aluminum Extrusions

The specific ones I got are here: Flat Aluminum Extrusions -No Shoulder- -Slot Width 8mm-?MISUMI?MISUMI USA HFSQN4-15250 w/ 8mm slot width.

Compared to every other source online for t-slot table profiles this hands down has been the cheapest, and the quality - though I haven't; taken precise measurements, seems to be top notch - considering the standard tolerance deviation for all misumi profiles, it's pretty damn straight from what I-'ve read. I can't remember off the top of my head the precise figure but it's a small fraction of a millimeter per every 300cm or something like that.