Fanuc 5T Manuals

Thread: Fanuc 5T Manuals

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Fanuc 5T Manuals

Does anyone have any fanuc 5T manuals or know where I can get some, a PDF version would be ok

Eduardo.

It´s a quasi-copypaste from the rrbmachining question :-)

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a complete set of factory manuals, along with some unpublished parameter data that I can photocopy. I also have 2 functional lathe wiring diagrams to show home and limit switch and A-D converter hookups. I also have a output relay logic and wiriing diagram that could be used to replace an undocumented one.

Cost upon request but figure on $.15 per manual page to photocopy - there are something like a total of 650 or more pages in the 3 manual,3 ring bound set. The wiring diagrams are $35 each as they are BIG and a real pain to copy.

To make PDF's, it will cost $0.35 per page and the page count will not change. I don't have a scanner nor access to a "free one". The PDF's whould have to be done by a professional service suppier due to the way they are bound.

The above prices do NOT include air freight as we ONLY ship internationally via Fedex. Due to getting stiffed (no payment) for prior guys I sold to on a "trust me" basis via the internet, I sadly now only do the copying and sale of the Fanuc manuals on a prepaid basis.

They are out there at machinemanuals - when I last checked, they were $400 for EACH of the 3 manuals ($1200 per set) and Fanuc did not sell them anymore.

By the way, I have 2 fully operational 5T lathes and MANY, MANY spares (M/B's, memory boards, power supplies, velocity units, etc) for same that i'm interested in selling. Sort of a "clean out the shop" basis due to a change in business focus.

Pricing is reasonable but not "give away".

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

NC Cams,
    I seem to remember a post in which you mention having pinouts for the amps on a 5T control, I ask as I am retrofitting an M5 lathe and am wondering if I should try to reuse the amps or if I should just buy new AMC or similar amps.

Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Fanuc amp pinouts for the 5T have NOTHING whatsoever in common with AMC analog signal servo amps - Fanuc uses a TOTALLY different F-V control logic as opposed to the +/-5 or 10vdc signal that AMC and other analog amp folks use.

From what I know and have learned about the Fanuc amps, they are not interchangeeable with any of the typical analog amps (Rutex, AMC etc) that you're probably using/plan on using on/with your retrofit.

Out of curiosity, what are you using to power your lathe "retrofit"? I've looked into doing it an have run into a number of bottlenecks, both soft and hardware wise.

This is an especially difficult to get around bottleneck if you are trying to interface to/with and drive the factory Fanuc servos while maintaining TRUE closed loop feedback (this specifically excludes step/direction Mach retrofits).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

NC Cams,
    Thanks for information, looks like I'll buy servo amps.
    The present setup has encoders mounted on the ballscrews with a tach on the motors, so I presume I will need an amp that can close the velocity loop, and then I can close the position loop in the PC.
    I will be using emc2 with 2 mesa 5I20's plus their DAC and I/O cards.
    I recently did a HES lathe using a similar setup but was able to reuse the Gettys servo amps, that was a 2 axis lathe plus spindle.
    I find the most difficult part of a retrofit is controlling the tool turret; with this upcoming project I intend experimenting with the use of a servo motor to position the turret to gain bi-directional tool selection, and to make the job easier.
    Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up

Probably a bit late now but we have done a retrofit on a machine with a 5m control and we used the fanuc drives and had no problem +- 10v analogue input, we had to change the encoders as the fanuc encoders were not usable.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

5T and 5M are "close but no cigar".

5T is used to control lathes, 5M is used to control mills. Although the motheboards are essentially the same, the software on the EPROMS is TOTALLY different.

ALthough there are many, many mill retrofit kits, lathe retrofit kits are few and far between. Do a "lathe retrofit" search on the website and you should find a 5T retrofit posting/thread. You'll also find some replies from members who went downt that path and were NOT well served and/or satisfied.

Re: "drives" versus "servo's/servo motors" - they are NOT one and the same. Please see post 4 above.

If you switched out to +/- 10 volt DRIVES during your retrofit, yes these are much more readily interfaceable than the unique F to V drives that are proprietary to the late 70's Fanuc systems of which the 5T/M are. See post 4 above.

The Fanuc servo motors used both resolves and encoders- it depends on the year and model of servo that you have as to which you will be interfacing to/with. If you have resolvers, yes, it is adviseable to update to encoders. However, if your servo's have encoders fitted, they should be readily interfaceable to contemporary equipment althoug they probably will not have the resolution (counts per rev) of a more contemporary encoder.

You also may have an issue with the level of DC voltage that is being used as the F/B signal if you change encoders. SOme of the earlier NC equipment used higher DC voltage signals (some used 12-15vdc as opposed to TTL and today's low power 5VDC). Most of the encoders of today use 5v signals and you may have to do some "level shifting" to interface with the "old" encoders.

Just one more thing to deal with when "updating" legacy equipment.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I know the difference between the 5m/5t control, i dont think dave was talking of using the control,just the servo amps.
    The servo amps that are used with the 5t/5m/6t/6m in my experience have all been the same servo amps with only minor differences that did not affect the interchangeability of them, and we have swapped and have changed them between lathe and mill when needed for spares . all of these have been +-10v analogue control with tacho feedback. We had to fit tacho's to the motors as the tacho feedback originally is done by the fanuc control, converting the encoder pulse to a tacho output to do the speed control . We had to change encoders so they matched our control which was a fagor control. We have run this combination now for the last seven years and it has worked realy well.

which i think goes to show that it is possible to use fanuc drives on a retrofit.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

SNEAKYM8: I'f love to know how you interfaced the Fanuc drives.

I have pinouts and most of the A, B and other board schematic and interface wiring diagrams (when Fanuc gave diagrams with their machines) and still can't figure it out. How/where did you find tacho's for the servo's? I'm at a loss for that too. PM me with details if you don't mind....

BTW, Bridgeport used a variation of the digitalsignal to tacho conversion on their later BMDC systems. They did that to get simple 2 wire operation of their servos on their TorqueCuts. Sadly, the systems are not particulary well documented, board wise as they used some custom IC's and a PwM board that piggy backed onto the BMDC. The guys who know anything don't seem to be sharing it as they do quite well providing legacy service.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

The link in post #9 appears to be a like to a GE/Fanuc server. If memory serves correct, the 5 series controls were marketed by Fanuc and/or a JV between Fanuc and Siemens (General Numeric). Hence, I don't think you'll find the 5 manuals on a GE/Fanuc website.

At least I could not find the part number of the manuals that I have on the above website. Didn't have the time or inclination to go thru all the manual PDF's to see if they might be there.

I do have manuals that can be copied for a very reasonable fee as compared to the cost of manuals from the manual distributors I found on the internet.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by sneakym8 View Post
    I know the difference between the 5m/5t control, i dont think dave was talking of using the control,just the servo amps.
    The servo amps that are used with the 5t/5m/6t/6m in my experience have all been the same servo amps with only minor differences that did not affect the interchangeability of them, and we have swapped and have changed them between lathe and mill when needed for spares . all of these have been +-10v analogue control with tacho feedback. We had to fit tacho's to the motors as the tacho feedback originally is done by the fanuc control, converting the encoder pulse to a tacho output to do the speed control . We had to change encoders so they matched our control which was a fagor control. We have run this combination now for the last seven years and it has worked realy well.

which i think goes to show that it is possible to use fanuc drives on a retrofit.
    Hello im very interested in making a retrofit for a matsuura mc700 1979 it has the fanuc 6M i want to use the original servoamplifiers with the rutex2040 and maybe use Mach3, but i dont know if this configuration is possible? Tom from Rutex US told that this is possible only if the Fanuc Servoamp can tuned up using torque o current mode, but i dont have any manual or info about it. Is this possible? any experince?

Thank you

Luis Mendoza

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I need datasheet for encoder fanuc with ref: A860-0301-T002
    thank you

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi NC Cams,

I have been working on trying to get a 3E-300 Lathe with a Fanuc 5T controller to punch out the program data. In the process of working on that, it now will not receive a file from the computer and will not allow entry of a program from the keyboard.

I was wondering if you possibly had taken pictures of your manuals and schematics so it would be easier to put them together so that one could download them. One of your posts also said something about photocopying all 650 pages, but please let me know what would be easiest for you and how much you would charge.

I read something on a post about powering up the machine while holding the "C" and "Erase" buttons to clear the program memory. That is not the way I understood it from the maintenance manual, but it might be worth a try I suppose.

Thanks for your help,