Looking to buy my first 3d scanner

Thread: Looking to buy my first 3d scanner

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Looking to buy my first 3d scanner

Hey guys,

Have a small engineering company and looking to reverse engineer parts for vehicles so need a 3d scanner to save multiple hours measuring things.

What im wanting to design is rollcages inside vehicles and also exterior 4wd accessories like rock sliders and bash bars etc.

I dont have a 20k budget either is the problem. What are my options? Is something like a cubify scan sense going to get my geometrically accurate parts I can import into a modelling program to work with? Or would I be throwing away $500?

Also wondering about the stick on dots people put on things. Does this work with any scanner? Or are certain scanners designed to pick them up and others it wont have any effect on?

From what Ive read I want to get a laser scanner for doing things like this?

Is there any other scanners out there under $1000 that would do the job I need? I need accuracy but I dont need a picture perfect model. Just to save time modelling the whole job.

Thanks
    Brad

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Looking to buy my first 3d scanner

3D scanners under $1000 are considered useless, unless you`re scanning a rock or a shell, not really a perfect tool for copying products, been there, if you want accuracy and precision nothing beats a vernier caliper on my opnion and a realtime 3D editing software, I copied hundreds of parts too, all I can say is there`s nothing more accurate than a vernier caliper, any chance if you can outsource the job? I can volunteer though : I can copy products and provide machine codes for your convenience

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey, we had a similar problem and we decided to buy a used 3D scanner. Our budget was less than $5000 and we managed to find used artec, it's slightly expensive us but our company works with high resolution scans and the cheaper scanners do not give us the results that we need. I'm sure that you will be able to find a more affordable scanner on the market today

Downloads
    Uploads

3D scanner working

China 3D scanner Joint picture without marking point after scan

3D scanner Joint picture with marking point after scan

How to change 3D scanner STL file into dxf and open dxf file in software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, Brad!
    Have you chosen your first device yet?
    I use industrial structured-light s.canners for my work projects, but they cost much more than $1k. But my colleague has his own s.canner Smart (Range Vision) - about 3k$, and he's quite happy with it.
    Could you point out what software are you currently using for reverse engineering? We make tutorials about 3D scan processing and I'm interested in which programs people use for this aim.

Last edited by ScanGuide; 04-04-2018 at 02:15 AM.