3D SCANNER NEED

Thread: 3D SCANNER NEED

Downloads
    Uploads

Default 3D SCANNER NEED

Hello to all,

My company elaborates marble, and we have a cnc maxima 5axis cms, and a waterjet.
    Our customers often give us carbon patrons of marble which need to be cut in waterjet.
    Until now we take a picture of the patron and then using autocad and splines we design the part. But the results is not always good.
    For this reason, we want to buy a scanner to trace the contour of patrons.
    Can you please point me a product for this job?
    Please check pictures of sended patrons, please note sometimes patrons are bigger in length, (like marbles around the pool.)
    Some products I found will do the job?
    1) Portable 3D Scanners for 3D Scanning | HandySCAN 3D by Creaform

2) https://www.fuel-3d.com/

3) Sense 3D Scanner | Features | 3D Systems

Best Regards
    Platon Kiriakidis

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3D SCANNER NEED-2016-07-13-12-26-01-jpg   3D SCANNER NEED-2016-07-13-12-27-03-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: 3D SCANNER NEED

You would get good results from patterns like that with a NextEngine scanner. I think the price/performance may be one of the best options. This is if you don't need to do the scanning in the field and have a lot of flexibility. The HandyScan may work much better, but is likely many multiple times the cost of the NextEngine - you need to determine that cost is justified.

Note as well that "all" a scanner does is give you a pointcloud. You then need to translate that pointcloud in to a CAD file of the profiles you want. MAKE SURE you investigate the method of creating the CAD file in addition to "just" capturing the pointcloud. You need to be comfortable with the solutions for ALL STEPS needed. I would get as many hands on demos as you can and actually do the work yourself (don't let them "show you how it is done", as the software can be quite challenging and have a VERY steep learning curve!).

CAD, CAM, Scanning, Modelling, Machining...

Downloads
    Uploads

It's not clear that you really need a 3D scanner for what you're trying to do. It looks like you're trying to capture a simple 2D contour and and make a 2D pattern (or "patron") from it that you can transfer to the waterjet machine for cutting. None of the tools you've indicated do anything like that. I'd suggest getting a contour gauge instead: Contour Gauge | Grizzly Industrial

To use it, you just push it up against the part and lock down the pins. You can then trace it to make cardboard templates, or copy it in AutoCAD. If you wanted to copy a statue or something else that's three dimensional, and carve it with your CNC mill, that's when you'd need a 3D scanner.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

there are many companies offer 3d scanning so i suggest look at on the nearest company in your area.