Cam Tool trouble ZW3d

Thread: Cam Tool trouble ZW3d

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cam Tool trouble ZW3d

Hello!

I've bought ZW3D 3X machining a few days ago and I'm trying to learn myself the CAM part. We have a few Cnc routers for woodwork and want to use ZW3D for faster workflow.

I'm having trouble understanding the tool library. When I make a library and ad a few tools with their size, RPM feedspeed and depth of cut etc you would think that these values will be used when assigning tools to cutting operations.

For some reason the diameter is fine, when i make a 8 mm routerbit it stays 8 mm but the RPM and feedspeed is altered.

How do I link feedspeed and RPM to a specific tool so that when I select the tool all the parameters are used for the cutting operation?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cam Tool trouble ZW3d

Howdy,

Here is a link at the ZW3D thread with this question answered. I don't know if you need to be a member but it could be worth it.

Speeds & Feeds in ZW3D - CAD/CAM discussion forum

Also it appears 2016 has a few issues. Make sure you get the new 2016SP service pack installed.

I have used ZW (formerly VX) for years. It's very capable once you get use to all the odd way they do things. It has come a long way since the CHinese bought it. If it weren't for my client requirements I would use ZW exclusively

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello Jacala, I'm Sean, channel manager of ZW3D. For your questions, please email our technical support team at zw3d@zwcad.com, so our engineers can give you the solutions.

Downloads
    Uploads

^^ When I was evaluating ZW3D as a potential CAD/CAM solution last year their tech support were extremely helpful. Definitely ask them for help with this kinda stuff.

Sad to say I didn't go ahead - my Mac running Fusion didn't support the correct level of OpenGL needed by ZW3D so nothing worked and I wasn't prepared to get a new performant machine just for the CAD.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello, for OpenGL issue, here is solution to adjust the level, then you get the correct display like me when using MAC

1st Step:
    C:\Users\"your PC name"\AppData\Roaming\ZW3D 2016 Eng (x64)

2nd Step:
    Open file "_config"

3rd Step:

Find:
    # Display Level
    # 0=auto select, 1=OpenGL 1.5, 2=OpenGL 2.0, 3=OpenGL 3.0)
    Z3.DisplayLevel = 0

and change "Z3.DisplayLevel = 0" to be "Z3.DisplayLevel = 2"

Downloads
    Uploads

#$(*&#^@#$

I should have asked last year, rather than just throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I'm using another product at the moment - my client has loaned me a license for their choice of CAD/CAM. When this contract runs out though, I may have to get back in touch!