Need Help! Not reading some V5 CATIA files

Thread: Not reading some V5 CATIA files

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Not reading some V5 CATIA files

Guys,
    I am a long time user of VX/ZW3D. I am not using the 2015 version. I need to translate some V5 CATIA files for a RFQ. I downloaded and am now using the trial version of the latest 2015 as of this morning (June 12, 2015). I have Windows Seven Ultimate 64 bit.
    My problem is ZW3D will translate some of the files and bombs on some of the files. I have sent error reports for several of these. It is not possible to safely and properly quote the job unless I can have access to all the data.
    Some of the file names are too long for ZW3D to read in so it renames them. I do not understand how a 32 character file name is too long for a 64 bit operating system. Even one running on the handicapped system call Windows.
    thanks
    Stuart

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Not reading some V5 CATIA files

Hi Stuart, for this CATIA importing problem, I check with our R&D guys and we will fix it in ZW3D 2016.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Not reading some V5 CATIA files

Quote Originally Posted by Seanyaohan View Post
    Hi Stuart, for this CATIA importing problem, I check with our R&D guys and we will fix it in ZW3D 2016.
    Thanks for the attention to this.
    Orchid just replied to me to tell me it should be fixed in the 2015 Beta that will be out in about a month.