Anyone using EasyDrivers+Arduino on their Zen machine?

Thread: Anyone using EasyDrivers+Arduino on their Zen machine?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Anyone using EasyDrivers+Arduino on their Zen machine?

I had an arduino and three EasyDrivers, so I bought a Zen 7x7 kit and am trying to zero-in on a good setup for a power supply. Anyone else using EasyDrivers? Easy Driver stepper motor driver

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Anyone using EasyDrivers+Arduino on their Zen machine?

While I have not used the Easy Drivers, the power supply we choose for our Zen Toolworks 3 Axis CNC machines is a 12V 5.0A Power Supply from MeanWell. It is listed on our website for sale for $35.00 + Shipping. MeanWell has proven to be a very high quality power supply, however there are several impostors out there claiming to be MeanWell so be careful. The ones we sell are actual MeanWell Units. Each Nema17 motor draws around 1.0A so this power supply will have ample amount of current for your machine.
    Here is the link: Zen Toolworks: Mean Well 12 V Driver Power Supply

Best of Luck,

B.J. Warren
    Zen Toolworks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bjmxr88 View Post
    While I have not used the Easy Drivers, the power supply we choose for our Zen Toolworks 3 Axis CNC machines is a 12V 5.0A Power Supply from MeanWell. It is listed on our website for sale for $35.00 + Shipping. MeanWell has proven to be a very high quality power supply, however there are several impostors out there claiming to be MeanWell so be careful. The ones we sell are actual MeanWell Units. Each Nema17 motor draws around 1.0A so this power supply will have ample amount of current for your machine.
    Here is the link: Zen Toolworks: Mean Well 12 V Driver Power Supply

Best of Luck,

B.J. Warren
    Zen Toolworks
    Thanks for the reply BJ, I actually have a lab-type power supply that's coming in the mail, so I think I have that covered. Those easydrivers can only output 750 mA per phase, so do you think I'll run into issues trying to drive the steppers? I bought the lab supply hoping I could precisely dial-in on voltage/current settings for my setup.

Downloads
    Uploads

A lab type power supply should suit your needs just fine. I think these Easy Drivers should have plenty of power to drive around the Nema 17's on the Zen Toolworks Machine. I would run the power supply at about 12V to start out and give yourself enough current for each Easy Driver. I would probably go with around 5A to be safe. The easy Drivers appear to have adjustable current via the Pot screw, so I would probably run them at half way to start out. You will be able to tell quickly if your getting too little or too much current. Too little and your motors will miss steps or stall. Too much and the motors will get very hot. The Nema 17's typically will run pretty warm but if they are too hot you should turn down the current. Just keep an eye on things for the first few times and make adjustments if needed.

Best Regards,

B.J. Warren
    Zen Toolworks