Is XZero still in business?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is XZero still in business?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Is XZero still in business?

I tried emailing George earlier this year to buy new linear bearings (wore a couple out), but never received a response so I bought them from Aliexpress. My X axis ballscrew is now clicking and sounding kinda rough despite moving accurately, I think the ball nut is gone from the amount of aluminium swarf it ingested last year...heh.

I thought I'd take the opportunity to upgrade the machine's length by getting new rails, extrusion and ballscrew, emailing the email i've used before got a bounce back of no mailbox at the address, and the website no longer seems to work?

I've just finished a major refit of all the electronics, motors and linear bearings..my raptor is running fantastic now, its just limited in speed by the X axis ball screw - at 20,000mm/min I'm at only half the servo's power but the ballscrew is starting to sound less than pleased, so I dare not go faster.

Is there an alternate way to contact George? He doesn't seem to have posted on here since last year.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Is XZero still in business?

He was in the hospital for a while. I don't think that he's back up and running yet.

Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html[/URL]

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    [URL]http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html[/URL]

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    [URL]http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html[/URL]

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    He was in the hospital for a while. I don't think that he's back up and running yet.
    I tried contacting him also. He has been good at returning calls. Didn't realize he was having health issues.

@ger21 If you are in contact with George, please let him know I wish him well. Thanks.

Dennis~

You might give this a go. I see there is a parts section there "Under construction".

I'm sure a phone call to them might help solve your issues.

INMotion CNC – DIY CNC

Rob

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

INMotion looks to be built on a very very similar concept, but they are not the same company?

I'm wary of buying anything from them as their gallery has a lot of photos of ultra cheap linear bearings.

Does anyone know if the XZero Raptor ballscrews are a standard end machining, such as for BK/BF style? I'm hesitant to pull my machine apart to measure them as I'm in the middle of a production run right now.

The long extrusions look like standard bosch/rexroth extrusion but with a lip for the rail to sit on?

Downloads
    Uploads

INMotion and XZERO are one in the same. The INMOTION machines utilize extrusions that George designed and had produced requiring fewer machined parts. I think they use the same linear bearing quality that the XZERO machines use. If George isn't available I don't think you will get any kind of reply from either company.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello I just noticed this post, George was just at my house in thunder bay Ont, he is heading to Toronto in a couple of weeks

Downloads
    Uploads

I bought a new InMotion 4X4 CNC in January. Received about 90% of the machine... Spent months sending emails asking for updates, info, bill of materials, or the assembly manual/guide. No responses, nothing. Then the xzerocnc.com email went dead. Finally, as a last resort, I opened a case with PayPal. I just want the missing parts. PayPal tried to contact him and got nothing. PayPal gave me a full refund. Really sad about this outcome. I now need to source the missing parts. I would guess he is out of business. I hope he is OK.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, the xzero domain is now up for sale, so I suspect the business is well and truly dead. It's a shame,as the frame was a pretty nice piece of hardware.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DingbatCA View Post
    I bought a new InMotion 4X4 CNC in January. Received about 90% of the machine... Spent months sending emails asking for updates, info, bill of materials, or the assembly manual/guide. No responses, nothing. Then the xzerocnc.com email went dead. Finally, as a last resort, I opened a case with PayPal. I just want the missing parts. PayPal tried to contact him and got nothing. PayPal gave me a full refund. Really sad about this outcome. I now need to source the missing parts. I would guess he is out of business. I hope he is OK.
    no stillin businness the mix up was from ballscrew and rail company refund was also to have machine returnednot money back and key machine ballscrews railsandd motor kitthe parts they made mistake on are in toronto now shipping was changed to toronto once i told paypal return funds ok once machine is droppedoff atplace it was sent to
    i also talked to you on phone and email just return machine and refund not a problem

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by naspc View Post
    I tried contacting him also. He has been good at returning calls. Didn't realize he was having health issues.

@ger21 If you are in contact with George, please let him know I wish him well. Thanks.

Dennis~
    thanks Dennis yesjanuary17i had a strokeand was paralyzed complete left side couldnt walk talk or eat lot better now can almost walk still only one hand works but there is 4 other people that work with or at xzero

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Gio666
    Very glad to hear you are returning to health. You had many people very worried.

Downloads
    Uploads

xzerocnc@hotmail.ca xzerosite got hacked and hi jacked they said

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

other profiles will make machine 6mm to wideonlower gantry lowercrossmember wont fit

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

yes thanks still in businness and have 2cncmills and cnclathe coming out shortlystand alone 4th axis mostly

Last edited by gio666; 06-30-2017 at 12:51 PM.
    XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

for now old email address xzerocnc@hotmail.ca

XZero cnc

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Looks to me like the domain expired in March and was then purchased after deletion.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gio666 View Post
    no stillin businness the mix up was from ballscrew and rail company refund was also to have machine returnednot money back and key machine ballscrews railsandd motor kitthe parts they made mistake on are in toronto now shipping was changed to toronto once i told paypal return funds ok once machine is droppedoff atplace it was sent to
    i also talked to you on phone and email just return machine and refund not a problem
    been trying for a week with no reply back on what you are doing with machine it has to be returned cant keep money and machine

XZero cnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    Well, the xzero domain is now up for sale, so I suspect the business is well and truly dead. It's a shame,as the frame was a pretty nice piece of hardware.
    machines will be sold soon from third partydont know what prices will change as they do what
    they want

XZero cnc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast